Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kupped has a draft review here that’s a good read…

April 30, 2023 08:48AM
Here’s Kupped…

What I like is that they very likely got at least two guys who are starters at some point in their rookie year and I mean by merit, not attrition, in Avila and Young.
I like that they got an RB who projects as a legitimate 3 down back with explosive traits. I actually love that. He has some risks, but unless you're drafting an RB high, there will be some. Scheme fit.. you can run the same exact plays for him and Akers.. I like it.
Young is very similar, profile wise, to Ebukam.. but a little bigger and played against better competition. I think he'll be able to contribute as a rookie.
Kobie Turner's best case as a rookie, to me, is a high-end rotational player with a future as a starter.
Hodges Tomlinson could be the #3 CB this year.. or not. Love everything about him except his size. But if he ends up being a solid, solid slot-nickel guy.. that's a good pick value at 6th round.
Punter looks like a hoss... if he's excellent, great.
Davis Allen has potential.. but how often do rookie 5th round TE's make much of an impact?
McClendon is really young and has long arms and huge hands. I think he can get stronger in the NFL and looks to be a decent guard/RT prospect.
Nick Hampton is an interesting athlete.. and so is Daniel Hardy. So, I'm excited for special teams but can't get too excited about an undersized elite athlete edge prospect yet.

The Avila and Evans picks could be huge. Oline stability and RB depth would make Stafford's life so much easier. I'm not as worried about the WRs as some, probably.. I think there are some fun combos to be had with the group they have.. and think Tutu showed enough to be on the field as a deep threat. I like the idea of 11 personnel with him and Bennie Skow on the field along with Kupp. I also like the idea of Evans and Akers on the field at the same time.. could be fun!

Either way... roster is nowhere near complete. I think there will be several cheap vets added to the defense before all is said and done.. and.. my god.. I hope Rochelle and Kendrick take HUGE steps this offseason.. because, otherwise.. shrimps all around at CB.

(last note.. the UDFA class has a lot of very interesting athletes, from what I've seen. Someone from that group will make an impact as a rookie, imo)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Kupped has a draft review here that’s a good read…

Rams43260April 30, 2023 08:48AM

Re: Kupped has a draft review here that’s a good read…

BerendsenRam101April 30, 2023 08:52AM

That punter is a serious work out beast isn't he?

NewMexicoRam103April 30, 2023 09:20AM

And Mad magazine!

mtramfan83April 30, 2023 11:46AM