Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report: Lions fielding trade calls on D’Andre Swift

April 28, 2023 06:46AM
Did we call? How about for a 6th this year and a conditional next year?

link

D'Andre Swift may be on his way out of Detroit.

After the Lions selected Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs in the first round of this year’s draft, General Manager Brad Holmes told reporters that Swift was “still part of our team” while calling him a “dynamic football player.”

But other teams have taken notice of Gibbs joining free agent signee David Montgomery in the team’s backfield.

According to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN, the Lions have received trade calls on Swift and his representation has been in touch with Detroit’s front office about potentially moving him elsewhere.

Swift has been at or around 1,000 yards from scrimmage in each of his first three seasons. Last year, he had 931 yards on 147 touches with eight touchdowns in 14 games. He tallied 542 yards rushing with five TDs and 48 catches for 389 yards with three TDs.

A second-round pick in 2020, Swift was not drafted by the current regime led by Holmes and head coach Dan Campbell. As he’s entering the final year of his rookie contract, he could be a cost-effective option for a contending team that would like a dual threat out of the backfield.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude255April 28, 2023 06:46AM

Re: Report: Lions fielding trade calls on D’Andre Swift

alyoshamucci109April 28, 2023 06:56AM

He's just Cam Akers in a different shade of blue, in my opinion

Ram_Ruler80April 28, 2023 07:05AM

Cam and Swift: Pass, and pass.

mtramfan63April 28, 2023 11:14AM

Re: Cam and Swift: Pass, and pass.

Ram4life61April 28, 2023 11:17AM

Cameron DaSilva says: