Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: All time Rams trade down? Hard to analyze 2012

April 25, 2023 10:28AM
JimYoungblood53
Rams had #2,
they could have taken Griffin or traded Bradford, either one would have gotten Rams same things

Trade Bradford and get all the picks and get RGIII---no better or worse than Bradford...well, neither worth #1 or #2 overall.

Keep Bradford and keep pick
who?
Trent Richardson?
Khalil?
Blackmon?

Best picks would have been Luke Kuechly - Stephon Gilmore - Fletcher Cox

but they could have been had at #6----so keep Bradford and take the #6--get Kuechly or GIlmore of Cox
But Rams trade down again--and though Brockers good, IMO not worth a #14 over all.

So if trade to #14--who? Chandler Jones (we had 2 edges)
Hightower? Harrison Smith? David Decastro maybe the best choice

then we go Quick--own pick, bust--could have taken Bobby Wagner there, people forget that
Rabbit Jenkins---decent enough--could have taken Bobby Wagner there
then the #2 Pead, bust---got too cute and bad trade down, though could have taken Lavonte David and then not a problem

then had #21 in 2013--trade it down to get AO
at 21-30 could have had DeAndre Hopkins --- would they have taken him at 21? No, would have taken AO
so it's not a trade-down problem it was a Snisher problem in drafting.

They got their target---someone with top 15 talent at 30 plus extra picks Stedman Bailey--another bad luck pick
was not going to be great but showed something until shot. Also kind of got stacy from this.

Then 2014 the big bust----Greg Robinson but that was not part of the Wash trade down, they got that initially
so it was a Snisher problem, not a trade down

thing

verdict?

Like the Dickerson trade the bounty did not equal the value of te pick, more misses than hits.

So this was a case for NOT trading down...excpet for AO because they'd have taken him anyway
at 6 in 2012? Maybe Cox, maybe Kuechly . . .

GRob ended up being a turd, but he was highly rated at that position by everyone.

My issue is the cute picks. Quick, Pead, Tavon, Ogletree. And we could have had Deebo or Metcalf, but trade down instead for Rapp. Tutu instead of Humphrey. We've had our draft hits, but these misses really hurt. And I'm no draft genius, but I have memories of pounding the table over some of these. In the end, I guess it doesn't matter if we go up or down, as long as we make the right picks. I'm grateful to Albany for putting some work in this morning, but respectfully disagree. 2019 didn't do much to make us better. We need an impact player over a couple of JAGs. Teams that suck at poker shouldn't be gambling. And we suck at poker.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

All time Rams trade down? Hard to analyze 2012

JimYoungblood53121April 25, 2023 09:14AM

All time trade up- good, Dickerson in 1983

JimYoungblood5356April 25, 2023 10:00AM

John Math Ran the Drafts back then

den-the-coach46April 25, 2023 10:18AM

Right, Math did great that year and in 1985

JimYoungblood5337April 25, 2023 01:23PM

Re: All time Rams trade down? Hard to analyze 2012

Old Goat64April 25, 2023 10:28AM

could have had DK Metcalf if they wanted, took Rapp instead