Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So true but

April 25, 2023 05:17AM
CROMWELL21
To Wilson. So I'm doubtful. But most of these articles are by Rams fans claiming to be scholars.

Is that any worse than a bunch of posts by wannabe internet message board coordinators? lol3

Conclusion

The prevent defense can be sort of a confusing defensive philosophy.

The formation doesn't prevent the offense from moving the ball downfield, but it instead is designed from preventing the offense from overcoming a big deficit.

To do this, the defense will drop 7 players into coverage and rush the quarterback with only 4 defensive linemen.

These players in coverage won’t be tasked with preventing completions necessarily.

What they'll be asked to do is keep the play in front of them and keep the clock running by making sure ball carriers aren't able to run out of bounds.

For these reasons, the prevent defense can be run by any team no matter what their base defensive formation looks like.

However, it should only be run in certain game situations in which the defensive team has a big lead late in the game.

If the prevent defense is run in the wrong game situation, it could result in doing nothing but preventing that team from closing out a win.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Aaron Rodgers trade to Jets should open door for Rams to acquire Zach Wilson

BerendsenRam388April 24, 2023 01:37PM

Yikes

JimYoungblood53188April 24, 2023 01:53PM

Re: Yikes

Classicalwit150April 24, 2023 06:55PM

Why do we have a brain surgeon on the team?

alyoshamucci151April 24, 2023 01:56PM

Do the Rams even have $940K for a backup up QB?

NewMexicoRam86April 24, 2023 03:12PM

If anything we'd be less likely to get him

promomasterj91April 24, 2023 04:04PM

NY press rumored Lafleur preferred White

CROMWELL21111April 24, 2023 05:33PM

So true but

Ramsdude49April 25, 2023 05:17AM

Re: So true but

Ramstien61April 25, 2023 05:42AM