Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A ton to Unpack

April 23, 2023 11:38AM
alyoshamucci
they need to "know more" .
The biggest area for me has been the first 3 picks. How do we maximize them.

The "Know Mores" have found there way on to the roster a lot with us. Sometimes it's been abundantly clear that the club wants a guy and have told them "if you're there" when the time comes you'll be a Ram.
I don't see much misinformation in the interview process. Chatting guys up with first round grades is just part of the process.

I very strongly believe that Snead's group will trade down from 36.
Of course, as you say, some talent that might just be too hard to ignore. But I'd think that would be one of only a couple of players that could cinch that adjustment.

Also, I thought it was odd that in today's LA Times a query to local writers to respective clubs around the NFL did bring some surprises. For instance, the local beat guy for the Chargers took Dalton Kincaid at 21. He came off the board BEFORE the Notre Dame TE. Not feeling that, and it could be out west we see a lot more PAC-12 broadcasts.
Another surprise, the Titans chose Hendon Hooker. You've pointed out there's a lot to like about the QB. Fully admit Hendon was ON FIRE last I saw him slinging the rock. Titans could enjoy top OL help at their spot, but it would be a wildly popular seat filler to take the Vol Hooker.

Prioritizing Edge / WR/ CB fits very well for me.
I believe that if a high end TE finds a way to 36 it might just be impossible to ignore. Working out of 11 personnel at such a high ratio demands that your rotation has octane at TE. As of now, we've got the one TE.

If you're trying to eliminate keying on Kupp, and your OL ain't all that, then your number 1 target under duress if your the QB is a big TE that is easy to locate downfield.

CB is going to interesting. It just might be later in the draft. I'm wondering about Trice. I'm wondering about Valentine. It might be that they'll wait and take the BP when the choice is theirs to make.

You've made some fine calculations
I agree that they feel solid at offensive line.
I agree that they may pass on drafting a punter or kicker....not wise from my point of view.
I agree that the 2 spring pro leagues give us a shot at getting cheap labor with an upside.
I agree that Broderick Martin is in their wheelhouse.
I think they will choose a QB. Wheeling and dealing to obtain more draft picks is very much in the mix, and Tune certainly fits a need. If we're passing on a place kicker, then it would be wise to get a signal caller, cuz by mid-season you may find yourself going for it on 4th down a bunch.

Trading down from 36 creates some interesting opportunities. Problem is if your doing a fire sale with your pick, it may not covet much in return .

Andrei Iosevas (by most accounts this would be a reach, but I firmly disagree)

Here's another kid that make for a later round success story. He's not a sleeper, cuz other team's have them on the radar.

Charbonnet
Kendre Miller

Shocked if they got their hands on Charbonnet
I'll add Spear's name here. Yeah he might be a Tutu sized guy but he's passed every test thrown at him; Feels like a very safe pick.

teams make a lot of mistakes. There could be top end value in the 5th.

Great work on the analysis, Alyo
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Draft Thoughts ...

alyoshamucci654April 22, 2023 11:39AM

Re: Blinkscout Draft Thoughts ...

Ramstien203April 22, 2023 11:49AM

alyoshamucci189April 22, 2023 11:52AM

3030134April 22, 2023 02:05PM

alyoshamucci124April 22, 2023 05:01PM

The BEST WAY to maximize the first 3 picks?

1st Rounder142April 22, 2023 05:10PM

Thinking some combo of Edge / TE / CB

merlin173April 22, 2023 08:27PM

What are your thoughts on Johnston's hands & 10 yard split?

Rams Junkie225April 22, 2023 07:48PM

Re: What are your thoughts on Johnston's hands & 10 yard split?

alyoshamucci182April 23, 2023 06:11AM

Thanks

Rams Junkie117April 23, 2023 10:23AM

Re: Thanks

alyoshamucci170April 23, 2023 11:06AM

Re: A ton to Unpack

leafnose86April 23, 2023 11:38AM

If I may piggyback again

Deadpool114April 24, 2023 06:45PM

Re: QB

merlin79April 24, 2023 07:45PM

You all got me thinking WR