Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Merlin with a short and sweet early Rams draft strategy…

April 21, 2023 03:38PM
Here’s Merlin…

If I was in Snead's shoes I'd wait on RB because I don't think Gibbs makes it to us. Same with Robinson. Also while I like Charbs a ton you gotta recognize that McVay has his quirks so it has to be a back he actually wants to put in the game.

So a minor trade down would be nice from 36 to accrue a pick. I am sure this is a desire for Snead barring a situation where the Edge you really want is there (for me that is McDonald).

Then pray an Edge is there and if not take a TE. Next couple picks ensure CB and Edge are given something to work with, because certainly there are guys who can help us in that range. First three picks I'd make sure I have Edge, CB, TE in some combo to best take advantage of the strengths of this draft.

Then fill holes from there. Position to get McVay whichever midround QB he prefers. I know he wants receivers but maybe Kraft or LaPorta will sate him and it sets us up next year to have that TE arriving for year two in 2024 when Higs leaves.

Now on draft night if Gibbs or Robinson somehow fall to us then all that @#$%& goes out the window.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merlin with a short and sweet early Rams draft strategy…

Rams43283April 21, 2023 03:38PM

Re: Merlin with a short and sweet early Rams draft strategy…

droopy88April 21, 2023 03:55PM

Here is one without no trades back but 2 trades up… Attachments

JimYoungblood53113April 21, 2023 04:30PM

Higs is a FA after the season

merlin85April 21, 2023 06:31PM