Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Bellcow types are undervalued in today's NFL

April 19, 2023 11:44PM
merlin
It's really hard to find guys who can take the carries and keep an offense on track. And yet due to the sheer number of backs in every draft and teams building RBBC backfields the value of those backs has diminished around the league.

So from that aspect guys like Charbonnet are not hyped pre-draft but it doesn't change the fact that they can be immensely valuable on a roster. Especially a guy who brings physicality like Charbs does in a day and age where the league is trending to pass focus and more nickel/dime packages per snap than probably ever before. If you want to zig when everyone else is zagging, well, now is a good time to buy low on a power back and Charbs fits that particular bill quite nicely and might be on that board longer than he should.

Also and btw this is why I say Robinson will be on the board longer than the mocks have projected him to be. Why? Because he's really good at everything but not special at anything. He will break tackles at this level, his game will play well, but the article is correct and I have been saying the same thing for some time. Who will you take him in front of. So I think one of the big headlines from this draft will be that Bijan Robinson falls in the draft. He might even fall to 36, it would not surprise me.

Meanwhile the guy who we all think will get to us, Gibbs, as a guy who fits what the modern NFL is seeking, will be gone in that 20-30 range with high likelihood IMO. Taking him you have a shot at finding a Kamara, or a Faulk if you're really lucky. That's worth a late first round pick and then some. But Bijan his strength is he is plug and play at everything, and that is certainly valuable, but he fits moreso in that early round 2 range in terms of value than Gibbs does.

This draft is going to be instructive in some of these ways I expect.
))))

I'd be happy with any of the three RB's mentioned here.

It's a win, win, win in my book.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

One RB for the Rams to target in each round of the 2023 NFL draft

BerendsenRam254April 18, 2023 09:02AM

Charbonnet is my 19th rated player.

alyoshamucci117April 18, 2023 09:48AM

Zach Charbonnet 2022 UCLA Season Highlights

Rams Junkie122April 18, 2023 10:00AM

Re: Charbonnet is my 19th rated player.

BerendsenRam114April 18, 2023 05:58PM

FootballOutsiders: Is Zach Charbonnet Overrated?

LMU9375April 19, 2023 03:43AM

Bellcow types are undervalued in today's NFL

merlin146April 19, 2023 10:26AM

Re: Bellcow types are undervalued in today's NFL

Killrazor80April 19, 2023 11:44PM