Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peter King is thinking my way for once.

April 17, 2023 06:43PM
He writes today that You Tube needs to have a single team-only option.for subscribers:

4. I think I call BS on YouTube not making available a team-only package for the new iteration of NFL Sunday Ticket. YouTube could have introduced a single-team option—charging, say, $150 for a big Browns fan, born and raised in northeast Ohio and now living in Santa Fe, to see all 17 Browns games in the regular season. But YouTube will charge $349 ($389 if you want to see Red Zone, which is a must) if you buy early and $449/$489 if you buy closer to the season for the full package only. With technology so advanced in this space, there’s no reason YouTube couldn’t have introduced a single-team option. Well, no reason other than squeezing more money out of people.

5. I think this explanation from YouTube about its pricing schedule was rich. YouTube VP Christian Oestlien to Daniel Kaplan of The Athletic: ”One of the things we really wanted to do is introduce a much greater level of simplicity and clarity in the pricing for users, so if you have YouTube TV, it’s an additional $249 at this point [with a presale discount], and if you don’t have YouTube TV if you’re not ready for it, you can buy [Sunday Ticket] as a standalone subscription.” Yes, of course! It would have been so complex and hard to understand to tell people they could buy their team only for $150, or whatever. Just say what you really mean: We’re testing the market to see how many people we can get an additional $200 a year from even though they’re probably only going to watch their favorite team from far away. Oestlien said YouTube is “doing research” on single-team options. If they announce a single-team option before Labor Day, I’ll give them credit. But I don’t think they’ll be doing that.

Football Morning in America

NewMexicoRam
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Peter King is thinking my way for once.

NewMexicoRam390April 17, 2023 06:43PM

Re: Peter King is thinking my way for once.

Rampage2K-105April 17, 2023 06:52PM

NFL replay is cheaper, or has been anyway

JimYoungblood5391April 17, 2023 06:56PM

Will never happen. Just like a la carte Cable TV.

Ramgator59April 18, 2023 06:08AM

It will come, probably year 2 or 3.

DaJudge73April 18, 2023 07:21AM

Re: It will come, probably year 2 or 3.

Old Goat42April 18, 2023 07:26AM