Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Won't happen as long as we have McVay/Morris here

April 18, 2023 06:10AM
Ramgator
I want OUR boys to step up and punch THEM in the mouth, no matter who they put out there. Heck, a few years ago, a huge chunk of their D was wiped out and we still got pushed around. That's why I'm hoping to us build a mean n nasty O line.

I agree with you 100% Gator. Build a big physical OL and our offense instantly becomes more physical. thumbs up smiley

Change the defensive scheme from a Prevent Shell to ANYTHING else and it instantly becomes more physical. thumbs up smiley

However, McVay seems to like the smaller faster players on the OL and RB positions so our offense most likely will be the same against the whiners. We know McVay is capable of being more physical. We've seen him use 12 personnel and utilize the run game. McVay's problem is that he doesn't really want that type of play for his offense. He's more a "finesse" type HC, IMO.

As for Morris, we all know he ran the softest defense in the league. It's his M.O.. There isn't one single thing about our defense that shouts "physical" and as long as Morris is here, I don't see that changing. I don't think he is creative enough to call anything other than a glorified prevent defense and we all know...prevent defense's aren't very physical. rolled eyes smiley

If you look up "Physical NFL team" in the dictionary, it will show a pic of the whiners offense and defense. lol

Having said that, McVay/Morris have a better winning percentage than those whiner punks using a "softer" style and have been to 2 Superbowls and won one of them.

As much as I like a more physical style of play I have to admit, I like "winning" more! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2023 06:11AM by Ramsdude.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Brock Purdy “not really sure” if he will play in 2023 for 49ers

BerendsenRam255April 17, 2023 02:09PM

And we're projected at 6 wins

promomasterj120April 17, 2023 02:54PM

Re: And we're projected at 6 wins

BerendsenRam92April 17, 2023 03:14PM

The thing is...Niners have played us tough as hell with a few QBs in the last several years.

Ramgator72April 18, 2023 04:47AM

Won't happen as long as we have McVay/Morris here

Ramsdude89April 18, 2023 06:10AM

Re: Brock Purdy “not really sure” if he will play in 2023 for 49ers

Classicalwit67April 18, 2023 04:21AM

probably healthy in October

LMU9357April 18, 2023 04:44AM

I wonder if Trey Lance gets traded

BigGame8160April 18, 2023 06:40AM