Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: What were the best taunts in NFL history?

April 03, 2023 07:44AM
Did we ever have anyone who "taunted" consistently? I know every player can get testy from time to time but I don't really recall any Rams that did any "taunt" that was disrespectful in any way.

Henry Ellard's back flip after a TD?
The Bob-n-Weave? but that was a "group celebration" more than a taunt IMO.
AD ripping your helmet off and swinging it at you? No, that's assault! lol

What were the best taunts in NFL history?
Posted by Mike Florio on April 3, 2023, 11:46 AM EDT

LINK

The best news for women’s college basketball on Sunday, which some believe is being covered more intensely not because of organic interest but because it’s required by the unofficial “woke” agenda, is that a truly organic and viral moment emerged late in the championship game.

LSU’s Angel Reese provided a taunt or two to Iowa’s Caitlin Clark.

Twitter lost its mind because: (1) it doesn’t take much for Twitter to lose its mind; (2) many had an issue with Reese’s actions; and (3) many of those ignored or disregarded that Clark had been doing plenty of taunting on her own. (Also, did you notice that some of the people who talk the most @#$%& on a regular basis had an issue with Angel Reese talking @#$%& one time?)

Taunting is part of sports. Good, bad, otherwise. The question from Sunday because whether there’s a double standard. It’s OK for Clark but not for Reese?

Whether it’s good or bad in any case is subjective. But when someone has a history of dishing it out, they should be willing to take it.

We took it and ran with it on Monday’s PFT Live, with a draft of the best NFL taunts. And one of them came at the end of Super Bowl LV, when Buccaneers safety Antoine Winfield, Jr. turned the tables on then-Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill, who had a habit of flashing a peace sign at any defendant who was chasing him.

Really, the best taunts come when someone is giving someone else something they deserve. Like when Vikings receiver Randy Moss engaged in a “disgusting act” (it wasn’t) of pretending to moon Packers fans who literally mooned the Minnesota buses on a regular basis. Or when Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers reminded Bears fans who heckled him, “I own you!”

So taunt ’em if you got ’em. But if you do, you’d better be ready to be taunted if/when you’re on the wrong end of an outcome.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: What were the best taunts in NFL history?

Ramsdude224April 03, 2023 07:44AM

Oh oh oh I've got the answer to this one!

Ram_Ruler109April 03, 2023 08:18AM

Re: Oh oh oh I've got the answer to this one!

mtramfan69April 03, 2023 12:38PM

Re: Oh oh oh I've got the answer to this one!

h2omelonhead69April 03, 2023 12:57PM

Re: Article: What were the best taunts in NFL history?

Great Bordeni111April 03, 2023 08:47AM

Old Goat81April 03, 2023 08:56AM

Good point OG!

Ramsdude67April 03, 2023 08:59AM

Great Bordeni85April 03, 2023 10:06AM

Best one time taunt...

DaJudge89April 03, 2023 10:09AM

Re: Best one time taunt...

Ekern5551April 03, 2023 07:20PM

Leoram68April 03, 2023 10:13AM

Kevin Greene spent the night taunting Montana in the 88 MNF game.

Ramgator70April 03, 2023 10:22AM

... best taunts in NFL history? How about Alex Karras?

mtramfan60April 03, 2023 12:42PM

The undisputed champ taunt was Steve Largent v Mike Harnden

stlramz53April 03, 2023 08:14PM

Re: The undisputed champ taunt was Steve Largent v Mike Harnden

21Dog49April 04, 2023 04:27AM