Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Draft board discipline will be applicable too

March 30, 2023 01:49PM
Get that board right and stick to it. When you're at 36 and that couple of guys you really wanted to be there are not there, and you don't like the trade down offers or don't have one, that is when discipline is going to come in. It can't be "well this guy is almost as good as so-and-so" but rather needs to be "ok looks like we're taking this OG or RB" or whatever other position is sitting there that has the grade on your board that says he's the best player that just fell to you.

I say all this because I think when you end up with some of the round 2 guys we have taken, that the Rams have lost some discipline in that draft room. We will never really know if they followed their board with any given pick of course, but some of them felt like reaches. Like there was some desperation behind them.

Even if they move down that doesn't give you the right to be an artist with your pick by getting all creative. Stick to your board. And hopefully this year they have penalized player rankings for guys who have inordinate amounts of injuries or who are pure athletes with long development projections. If we end up with one of those or a couple from round 6 fine, so be it. But I don't want to see projects prior to those late rounders and I don't want to see anyone who can't get off the trainer table, we've got enough of those already.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rodrigue: Rams’ word of the year is ‘discipline.’ What does it really mean?

JimYoungblood53329March 29, 2023 09:21PM

Several things…

Rams43129March 30, 2023 07:38AM

Great post.

Ridgewood Ram94March 30, 2023 12:23PM

Draft board discipline will be applicable too

merlin64March 30, 2023 01:49PM

There it is. McVay said it.

NewMexicoRam98March 30, 2023 12:55PM