Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More info on him...

March 29, 2023 03:51PM
link

2021 SEASON

• A third-team All-ACC performer according to the official league team and Phil Steele.

• Lead the Wolfpack with 828 snaps played from scrimmage.

• Tallied a career-best six pancake blocks in the win over Furman.

• In for a career-high 102 snaps in the win over No. 9 Clemson.

• Named a team captain for the second straight season.

• Has started the last 35 games at center, the second-longest starting streak on the team (to PK Dunn).

• A finalist for the university’s “Leader of the Pack” award.

• Earned NC State’s Athletics Department’s “Heart of the Pack” award - given to the student-athlete who is a good teammate, gives great effort and has an exceptional attitude.

• Named to the All-ACC Academic squad.

• Recipient of the team’s Mike Hardy Award for exhibiting a winning attitude for the third straight season.

• Named to the preseason watch list for the Outland Trophy and the Rimington Trophy.

• Named the third-best returning interior offensive lineman in the country by ESPN.

• A second-team preseason All-American according to Sporting News and PFF.

2020 season:

• Allowed just four pressures on 443 pass block snaps in 2020. The only center in the ACC with a better mark played half as many snaps.

• Ranked as the ninth-best center nationally by Pro Football Focus following the 2020 season.

• Recipient of the team’s Mike Hardy Award (winning attitude) and the Bob Warren Award (integrity and sportsmanship).

• Also earned the team’s Alpha Wolf Award for leadership in the offseason program.

• Named to the All-ACC Academic squad.

• Named to PFF’s team of the week following the win at Pitt.

• Starting center in the past 24 games, he played every offensive snap in the regular season but had to leave the bowl contest early with an injury.

• Ranked second on the team with 857 snaps played in 2020.

• Team captain for 2020.

2019 SEASON:

• Earned the team’s Mike Hardy Award for exhibiting a winning attitude.

• Starting center in all 12 games, he was the only player on offense who started every game of 2019.

• In for a career-high 89 snaps at West Virginia.

2018 SEASON:

• Moved from defensive tackle to offensive guard during the week of the postponed WVU game.

• Played 11 snaps in the opener on defense and then in four games from scrimmage on offense.

• Saw action on special teams in every game of the season.

2017 SEASON:

• Redshirted the season at defensive tackle.

• Named the Defensive Scout Team Player of the Year.

HIGH SCHOOL

• Played DT and OG at Mallard Creek for coach Michael Palmieri.

• Team captain as a senior.

• Member of three state championship teams (4AA) at Mallard Creek

• Honors: Earned USA Today all-state honors and was named an all-conference performer. Named All-Charlotte Observer as a senior and Charlotte Sports Report Defensive Lineman of the Year. A U.S. Army All-American nominee. A 2016 Bronko Nagurski High School Player of the Year nominee by the Charlotte Touchdown Club.

• Rankings: A four-star recruit according to rivals.com. No. 19 defensive tackle nationally and the No. 8 player overall in North Carolina by rivals.com. No. 62 defensive tackle nationally by scout.com, No. 3 in NC. Ranked the No. 10 center nationally by ESPN.

PERSONAL:

• One of the team’s representatives on the Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC).

• Grandfather, Harvey Gantt, was the first black student to enroll at Clemson and went on to become the first black mayor of Charlotte, where he served two terms.

• Major: Earned his degree in business administration in May of 2021.

GIBSON CAREER STATS
Year GP-GS Ply KD PAN Sk Allowed Hit Ast Tot
2018 13-0 37 - - - 0 1 1
2019 12-12 834 4 15 2
2020 12-12 857 2 24 2.5 - - -
2021 12-12 829 7 40 3
Totals 49-36 2557 13 79 7.5 0 1 1

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams meet with an OL(Center) in pre-draft visits

Ramsdude393March 29, 2023 12:07PM

Re: Rams meet with an OL(Center) in pre-draft visits

Ridgewood Ram141March 29, 2023 03:45PM

6' 1" 310 lbs Attachments

Ramsdude168March 29, 2023 03:50PM

More info on him...

Ramsdude147March 29, 2023 03:51PM

Re: More info on him...

BerendsenRam78March 29, 2023 06:53PM

Sounds like a Snead sort of pick