Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Bears hoping not to do Hard Knocks

March 29, 2023 08:59AM
The NFL is looking for "compelling" stories. I think that applies to us.

Bears hoping not to do Hard Knocks
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 29, 2023, 1:03 PM EDT

link

The Bears are one of four teams that the NFL can force to do Hard Knocks, but they’re hoping not to be chosen.

Bears Chairman George McCaskey said he’d like to see the league pick some other team.

“We feel there are a number of teams that have compelling stories to tell on ‘Hard Knocks,’” he said, via TheAthletic.com. “Thirty-one others.”

The NFL can require a team to do Hard Knocks if that team hasn’t done the show in the last 10 years, hasn’t made the playoffs in the last two years, and doesn’t have a first-year head coach. This year, four teams meet that criteria: The Bears, Saints, Jets and Commanders.

Justin Fields and the Chicago market could make the Bears an appealing choice for the annual training camp reality show that is produced by NFL Films and airs on HBO. McCaskey wouldn’t like it, but the league may give him no choice.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will the NFL make us do Hard Knocks again now that we are rebuilding?

Ramsdude95March 29, 2023 08:46AM

Re: Will the NFL make us do Hard Knocks again now that we are rebuilding?

BerendsenRam55March 29, 2023 08:50AM

Article: Bears hoping not to do Hard Knocks

Ramsdude61March 29, 2023 08:59AM