Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: TE is a long-developer of a position

March 24, 2023 03:28AM
merlin
It's not a good thing that he wasn't able to establish himself in Miami but he's only been in the league only a couple seasons. The guy has the raw talent to be a starter at this level.

People acting like he's trash tbh. That may not be true, maybe he's a guy who still has a career ahead of him at this level. He's not gonna be elite but at this point I'd welcome solid, so that's my hope.

Long must have some talent....he got drafted in the 3rd round. He was blocked by established players and has been developing for 2 years. He is a guy that can potentially be a good blocker and pass catcher. Lots of guy take time before they are ready to contribute or before they get an opportunity to play . Obviously our guys like him and wanted him in the trade so we should have at least some optimism here.

We are really thin at TE and both our TE's can become FA after 2023. TE often take time to develop and we got one that has a lot of physical talent and 2 years of experience. I also got a little pumped getting some insight into our new TE coach who seems to have a good rep among TE that he has coached.

My first thought when hearing about the Ramsey trade was very negative when looking at the return that we got. However, Snead/McVay aren't knuckleheads and i would suspect that they saw this as an opportunity to get a talented player who is very talented but undervalued because he was blocked by experience TE and had some injury issues. We probably still need to add another TE via the draft but can now cherry pick on in the latter rounds versus having to use the 2nd or 3rd round picks on that position.

Anyway there are a lot of reasons to be more optimistic on Long than have been displayed on this board and he plays a position that is a big need. The fact that he has 2 years experience is a plus and makes him more NFL ready than a draft pick plus he has talent. Here he may get a chance to play. He will be a better blocker than Hopkins so he should get some time on the grass as the 2nd TE who usually needs to be a blocker. Hopefully his receiving skills will emerge and we end up with at least a good #2 TE for the next couple of seasons.

Anyway just another perspective but doesn't really ease the pain of losing Ramsey for so little return. But i guess the market is the market and his value considering his contract just wasn't there but that doesn't mean Long sucks and has no value. it means Miami had depth at TE and could afford to let him go as part of the trade even though he has talent.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

New Rams TE Hunter Long ready to make an impact, show full skillset

BerendsenRam456March 23, 2023 10:17AM

Re: New Rams TE Hunter Long ready to make an impact, show full skillset

den-the-coach269March 23, 2023 10:23AM

Damn! He looks 12 years old..

sstrams152March 23, 2023 10:26AM

Re: Damn! He looks 12 years old..

MamaRAMa103March 23, 2023 01:29PM

He'll need a fake ID for another ten years....

sstrams60March 23, 2023 02:01PM

Big, long armed, tough kid.

alyoshamucci279March 23, 2023 10:28AM

I think he’s excited…

Rams43118March 23, 2023 01:23PM

Re: I think he’s excited…

oldschoolramfan80March 23, 2023 01:54PM

<Yawn>. Another guy who will be cut before training camp ready to make an impact

Ridgewood Ram85March 23, 2023 02:15PM

Hopefully he's a pleasant surprise..

sstrams76March 23, 2023 02:33PM

TE is a long-developer of a position

merlin74March 23, 2023 05:06PM

Re: TE is a long-developer of a position

David Deacon43March 24, 2023 03:28AM

may only ever be a TE3

LMU9336March 24, 2023 04:14AM

I find this informative

303049March 24, 2023 04:17AM

It is my opinion that positional coaching at certain positions has been deficient…

Rams4368March 24, 2023 05:30AM