Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I do

March 14, 2023 07:45AM
Rams43
Stafford9
Without ever talking to any of them, I believe McVay's maturation process is a two headed blade, I think he did this with Goff too, Jared helped him get to a Super Bowl and they both had a lot of success teaming together, but McVay realized he could not win the SB with Goff and he struggled until he finally said you need to go, I think the same thing is happening with Snead, McVay does not want balance he wants explosion on offense and he wants "young and fast on defense" but it feels like he knows Snead gave him his first shot and he will always be greatful. Like most great coaches they want full control, and they hand pick their GM, the difficult thing about this is, you can develop Martz syndrome, you need a check and balance system. McVay is a football genius on offense, and I feel he has outgrown Snead and instead of going head to head with the guy that gave him his first shot, he says he will go to the booth. Just my opinion.

I think Snead/McVay are a marvelous team when they collaborate on FA and especially the draft. McVay gives Snead exceptionally good descriptions of the type of players he wants and Snead does a great job of going out and getting them. Worked nicely for years.

But it depends on two things simultaneously. Snead must have scouts that can correctly evaluate these exact types that McVay has described AND it requires that McVay maintains an exceptional ast coach staff to quickly develop the picks when they come in.

Well, recently there is evidence that both the scouting and the quality of McVay’s asst coaches has slipped. Big Time. Hopefully, McVay has corrected HIS problem with 9 new hires. Just as hopefully, Snead has tweaked or outright replaced his weaker scouts as necessary. Including whoever evaluated Bruss, for example.

Moreover, McVay needs a leash on him at times when deciding personnel moves. Want examples?

Atwell over Humphrey
Signing AR then not using him.
The mid season Akers handling fubar

I think that this works best the way Snead/McVay used to work it. Let Snead pick the players that McVay described and let McVay and his staff coach ‘em the hell up. IOW, McVay should largely stfu in the war room on draft days.

NFL head coaches have much more say in drafted players and free agents, as they should...No one knows more of what a coach needs than the coach himself

Snead and most GM's are the facilitator not the dictator

It's a fun story to say McVay threatened to retire to get his new contract and his way, but I think that is just an uneducated guess by Colin and click bait sensationalism

[www.instagram.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cowherd on Ramsey Trade & McVay

BeachBoy650March 13, 2023 02:16PM

He makes an EXCELLENT point about the chiefs

Ram_Ruler269March 13, 2023 02:27PM

Re: He makes an EXCELLENT point about the chiefs

BeachBoy207March 13, 2023 02:38PM

Re: He makes an EXCELLENT point about the chiefs

Ram_Ruler161March 13, 2023 02:46PM

It actually explained a lot

Stafford9224March 13, 2023 02:41PM

I'm fully on board with that

Ram_Ruler140March 13, 2023 02:46PM

Re: It actually explained a lot

Rams43193March 13, 2023 06:38PM

I do

Stafford989March 14, 2023 04:17AM

Rams43125March 14, 2023 07:09AM

Rampage2K-178March 14, 2023 07:45AM

Love Colin, but....

Leoram115March 14, 2023 09:29AM

Re: Cowherd on Ramsey Trade & McVay...I brought this up this week!

oldschoolramfan153March 13, 2023 06:26PM

Re: Cowherd on Ramsey Trade & McVay...I brought this up this week!

BeachBoy80March 14, 2023 07:43PM