Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My feeling about this off season.

March 06, 2023 04:25AM
Ramsdude
Didn't we already lose a few guys from scouting and the FO over the last year or two? Maybe that's the problem?

The same with our coaching staffs. This team/organization has been "picked clean" by the NFL buzzards. We have had to "settle" for guys that I am sure McVay didn't really want but didn't have too much to choose from.

Did McVay really want Liam Cohen for OC? I doubt it. I think he would rather have kept Lafluer or O'Connel.

Did McVay really want Morris for DC? Nope. He wanted Fangio but couldn't get him so he made another coach who never ran it before run it.

IMO, A lot of things "caught up" with us this past year.

Super Bowl hangover.
The injury bug.
Lesser talent not stepping up when they got their chances.
Coaches being "poached" which hurts "continuity".
Scouts and other management being "poached" for the last 5 years and the replacements not performing as well as the predecessors.

I think the Super Bowl "hangover" is over but everything else will be questionable again this year. They built this thing up once...they can do it again.

BerendsenRam
Yep, Perfectly said Ramsdude. GO RAMS!

Thank you Sir! beer cheer smiley

I think McVay will get this right. He didn't come back for just one more year. He knows the work that will need to be done to "rebuild" or "retool", whatever they want to call it, will take a year or three.

I think he is "all in" and will get the job done again.

He has the OC he wants now. I can't wait to see how they "mesh" come game time. I guess we will get to see some Lafluer play calling in the preseason since McVay usually doesn't call them. This was a GREAT hire that will pay dividends...until he is "poached" to be a HC like all the others! lol

McVay will "rebuild" or "retool" that OL. IMO, he learned a great lesson about the importance of the OL thanks to all those injuries.

I am not sure if it was McVay or Morris who wanted those 2 defensive assistants gone but I am thinking it was McVay's decision.

Bringing in Lake and Pleasant who "supposedly" excel at a more "aggressive" style attack something that kinda contradicts our Charmin Shell, tells me McVay might want to see some changes to our scheme.

I also think that if McVay could have landed Fangio without hurting Morris, he would have done it. We all know McVay wanted the "Fangio" system so much he hired Morris to try and run it. He didn't hire Morris to run the "Morris" system. lol If Morris would have been hired by the Colts before Fangio was hired, does anyone think for one second that Fangio wouldn't be our new DC?

Unfortunately, Pleasant and Lake will also have to work with the same players that Morris was afraid to play more aggressive with. It should be interesting to see if we see some new faces on the back end or if McVay, Lake and Pleasant think they will be good enough. I think both of these additions will have an impact right away.

Will DeCamillis leaving be a plus? He didn't really do anything to impress me while he was here but also didn't do anything to make me think he couldn't do the job. I wonder why McVay wanted him gone? He just doesn't let guys go without a good reason.

I am hoping our ST's will be better too with the addition of Chase Blackburn. I am not familiar with his work but I am sure he will need some new talent to work with. Start by signing Matt Gay!!! Get it done now!

I think we see a rejuvenated McVay this year. No way he came back to give anything less than 100%. We already seen the changes he has been making.

We will be back in the Playoffs next year Ramily! Maybe the SB in 2 years! beer cheer smiley

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My feeling about this off season.

Ramstien489March 04, 2023 03:09AM

farley233March 04, 2023 03:22AM

Ramsdude183March 04, 2023 04:54AM

BerendsenRam154March 04, 2023 06:27PM

Ramsdude128March 06, 2023 04:25AM

Fortunately, Stan is a patient man