Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

John Johnson: I know my best ball is ahead of me

February 28, 2023 05:03AM
Well, at least he thinks he can still play. Will anyone else agree?

Posted by Josh Alper on February 28, 2023, 9:28 AM EST

link

Tuesday morning brought word of an impending change to the Browns defense.

Safety John Johnson is set to be released at the start of the league year in March unless the Browns can find a trade partner to take the veteran off their hands. Johnson has a non-guaranteed salary of $9.75 million for the coming season, which is the final one on his current contract.

With his departure coming one way or another, Johnson took the moment to say farewell to the city he’s called home since signing with the Browns in 2021.

“I appreciate the Cleveland Browns for the opportunity,” Johnson said, via Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com. “The city is truly one of a kind. I wish that I could’ve done more while here; however, I know that my best ball is ahead of me. I pray great things for my former teammates.”

Johnson had 162 tackles, four interceptions, a sack, three forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries in 32 games for the Browns.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude267February 28, 2023 05:03AM

Re: John Johnson: I know my best ball is ahead of me

BerendsenRam91February 28, 2023 08:16AM

Rework the contracts

RamsDynasty175February 28, 2023 08:25AM