Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ok 43, you want conversation. here you go.

February 27, 2023 09:17PM
Rams43
Boy, he doesn’t hold back here.

Here’s Oldnotdead…

Jimmy Lake coached DBs under Raheem for one year in Tampa. Jimmy Lake learned the Tampa two style of defense from Monte Kiffin. Tampa two run by Raheem when he was with the Buc's finished two consecutive years in the 30s. That is where Raheem is striving to take the Rams. Tampa two is a 4-3 scheme and the Rams have 3-4 personnel.

The only thing good was that under Lake he didn't allow freebies in the short zone. Raheem is trying to remake the roster of this team into another failed scheme. He failed in Tampa now he's trying to do it now. He tried quarters and sucked at it. Now he intends to run a scheme that failed in Tampa in LA. That's the only reason for bringing in Jimmy Lake. The only saving grace is that Lake doesn't have his DBs standing like posts in their zone. They play it actively moving to cover receivers. The problem is that the Tampa two relies on a MLB/hybrid SS to play that middle zone. It relies on two DTs playing a one gap scheme. We saw Raheem doing it last season and it failed. He had Gaines and Copeland playing DTs. But now without Wagner in the middle zone Raheem will have to play Lake as that MLB/SS in that middle zone. It only works if you have an outstanding DL who can pressure with only 4 while stopping the run. Howard and Jones will have to cover that short zone while playing the run.

Now I can see why Ramsey wants out. Raheem doesn't realize he doesn't have the players on the back end to play that style. It hasn't worked because he played his DBs passively. So they bring in Lake to get them to play aggressively. That means Scott and Yeast will play the back end. Raheem better play Durant and Rochell if he wants to stand a chance. What I'm hoping is that Raheem will defer to Lake on who plays.

This why on a previous post I showed the 4 DL with who they have to play that Tampa Two front.

DE Donald or Ngakoue
DT Copeland
DT Gaines
DE Floyd

Howard and Jones in the short zone. Quentin Lake SS in the middle zone. Durant and Rochell boundary CB. Scott and Yeast deep cover shell.

Bobby Brown doesn't fit this scheme, Hardy might not either. Jones is not a Tampa Two MLB who can play coverage in the middle zone like a SS. Howard has the speed to play LB in this scheme but he's not particularly good in coverage. Jones lacks the speed to play this scheme.

Tampa two succeeds only if the front 4 can create pressure to force an errant throw. But a skilled veteran QB with a decent OL will cut it to pieces.

See where I'm going with this? Raheem will trash this unit like he trashed the defense in Tampa. So will it work with Jimmy Lake as DB coach under Morris? For two years in Tampa, it didn't. It works best when facing 21 personnel, but breaks down facing 11 personnel. That is why McVay favors 11 personnel because it forces zone coverages out of their comfort zone. That is why Raheem needs to play Quentin Lake as that middle zone defender because Howard doesn't have the coverage skills though he has enough speed. That then forces Howard or Jones into that middle zone spot.

IMO the 4-3 is too predictable against a skilled vet QB. To his credit, Jimmy Lake coaches his DBs to be more active in their zones. The boundary CBs won't be lined up 5-10 yds off the LOS as that allows the X and Z WRs the complete complement of their moves. These past two seasons have shown Raheems coaching weaknesses. His inability to properly use his players. If Lake can have a free hand with the DBs they could at least have a defense that ranks closer to 10 - 13.

start with paragraph 1. Morris also worked and learned under Kiffin. 2006, the Bucs finished 19th in pass defense, Morris shows up in 2007 as the DB coach, and guess what, number 1 pass defense. Why doesn't old not mention that? Because it doesn't fit his twisted narrative.

Paragraph 2. Morris has no say in the scheme he is running. McVay wants a Fangio style scheme that Staley ran. Morris is running that scheme, even though he is more versed in the Tampa 2. As far as playing like posts...a fangio style cover 4 relies on a ton of post snap movement that 53 has repeatedly shown over and over but old either isn't smart enough to see it or again, his hatred fogs reality. And needing a mobile MLB/SS in the middle of a Tampa 2? Just no. Quick react time? yes. The mlb in a Tampa 2 needs to also handle run stopping duty as their first move almost always is play run until you realize it's pass, then back pedal 7 yards. The rest of the paragraph is nonsensical and I actually can't follow it, so I won't comment on what he was trying to get across.

Paragraph 3. Ramsey wants out? Says who, I've read on this very board, its the opposite. Imaginationland must be amazing. And Scott and Yeast will be playing the backend now because Lake will have the CBs playing aggressively? What? Safeties play the backend by definition, regardless of how the corners play. Unless on the occasion you walk a safety into the box. Still the backend...

Paragraph whatever. Jones would work in t2 defense just fine. Excellent moment skills. Howard would be an OLB in this supposed move to a 43 t2. No idea why he thinks he'd be a mlb...

Next Paragraph. Every defense relies on getting pressure with 4. The more you blitz and the more you blitz with increases the odds you give up a big play. Fangio defenses blitz very little.

Morris didn't trash the Tampa defense.

The 43 is too predictable? Sure, that's why it's still about 50-50 43 vs 34. And that niners defense, yeah a 43. And really, it's more like 3-3-5 or 4-2-5.

As far as cushions, go ahead and put Kendrick in press man, and his strength lacking 4.8 speed gets ripped apart over and over. You can only do so much with what u have.

This wasn't conversation stimulating because it's all falsehoods and misinformation. It wasn't thought provoking for the same reasons and it wasn't interesting for the same reasons. And yes, it's the last post I'll read from you posting him.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some more strong opinions from Oldnotdead…

Rams43565February 27, 2023 05:12PM

Re: Some more strong opinions from Oldnotdead…

westcoastram278February 27, 2023 06:23PM

No offense 43, but I'm dumber for reading that post

Deadpool230February 27, 2023 07:11PM

Re: No offense 43, but I'm dumber for reading that post

Rams43232February 27, 2023 07:37PM

another drive by worthless post

promomasterj109February 28, 2023 11:08AM

Agreed

Ram4life157February 28, 2023 11:23AM

Re: No offense 43, but I'm dumber for reading that post

Rampage2K-152March 01, 2023 08:19AM

It could go the other way

JimYoungblood5351March 01, 2023 12:29PM

ok 43, you want conversation. here you go.

Deadpool211February 27, 2023 09:17PM

Re: ok 43, you want conversation. here you go.

Ram4life143February 27, 2023 09:41PM

The Disdain for Morris is Questionable.

den-the-coach154February 28, 2023 02:27AM

Comes down to fairness and reason

JimYoungblood5386February 28, 2023 10:47AM

Re: ok 43, you want conversation. here you go.

Rams43126February 28, 2023 06:14AM

Excellent. And to add to that these thoughts---

JimYoungblood53106February 28, 2023 08:17AM

Re: Aubrey Pleasant

RamsFanSince69160February 28, 2023 08:53AM

Why all the animosity? lol

Ramsdude133February 28, 2023 12:22PM

Like sifting through spam to get to the real news

Ram4life90February 28, 2023 01:01PM

No problem Ram4life!

Ramsdude76February 28, 2023 01:21PM

Thanks man

Ram4life52February 28, 2023 01:41PM

For those interested -here is a Tampa-2 out of a 3-4 Attachments

JimYoungblood5390February 28, 2023 01:26PM

Tampa-2 from 3-4 vs 21 personnel -Cov-3 disguise Attachments

JimYoungblood5374February 28, 2023 01:28PM

Tampa-2, vs 11 pers, Cov-3 disguise Attachments

JimYoungblood5389February 28, 2023 01:30PM

Re: Some more strong opinions from Oldnotdead…

h2omelonhead106February 28, 2023 04:45PM

You got it

JimYoungblood53146February 28, 2023 05:08PM

Re: You got it

h2omelonhead79February 28, 2023 05:31PM

That is what it was

JimYoungblood5391February 28, 2023 05:49PM