Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Peter King hints at possible Ramsey trade value

February 27, 2023 06:21AM
Seemed to guesstimate here either a late 1st or a 2023 2nd and a 4th in 2023 or 2024.

My projection is the Rams could get something between a low first-round pick this year (Dallas, Buffalo and Kansas City could be interested, and pick between 26 and 31 overall) and a package of picks—perhaps a low two this year, and a fourth-rounder this year or next, that could rise depending on performance or play-time markers Ramsey could meet.

The other factor about this team: I expect GM Les Snead to trade the Rams’ high second-round pick this year for either two or three picks between the mid-second and fifth rounds. Ideal world, Snead trades his high two for a low two and two fours. If they deal Ramsey, add a prime pick this year (I project a second-rounder) plus somewhere around a three next year.

In my scenario, the Rams would start the major retooling of their roster with a lineup of picks something like this:

Round 1: 0.

Round 2: 1.

Round 3: 1.

Round 4: 3.

Round 5: 1.

Round 6: 4.

Round 7: 2.

Total: 12 (10 in the bottom 150).

Add a third- or fourth-rounder next year in my Ramsey scenario, and, say, three compensatory picks because the Rams are not likely to be aggressive signing their own free-agents this year.

So, in my projection, no team will have to be better scouting and projecting over the next two drafts. The Rams will have in the neighborhood of 24 picks, combined, in 2023 and ’24 to make over this roster and get back in the thick of the NFC West race.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

3 potential Patriots trade packages for Jalen Ramsey

Ramsdude245February 27, 2023 06:16AM

Peter King hints at possible Ramsey trade value

LMU93124February 27, 2023 06:21AM

Re: Peter King hints at possible Ramsey trade value

Rams43104February 27, 2023 07:05AM

Two things…

Rams43104February 27, 2023 06:35AM