Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could it be a move to the 4-3?

February 24, 2023 06:12AM
Okay, I know that 3-4, 4-3, etc. are almost meaningless terms anymore given the multiple formations, disguises and substitutions defenses use these days.

That said, here's my thoughts:
Morris has extensive experience with the Kifffen/Tampa 4-3. Moreso than the Fangio system. This would put him back in his comfort zone.
We've seen the release of Wagner, leaving Jones as our MLB.
We don't have an Edge opposite Floyd, and that position is getting more and more expensive while we've missed multiple times trying to fill it. Maybe we give up on trying.
We have cryptic tweets from Floyd. He's got a cap hit of $15 mil and we're $14 mil over. His release would make things a whole lot easier.
This doesn't affect AD, he was drafted as a 4-3 DT
Assuming we keep one of them, Gaines or Robinson plays the other DT. Or BBrown. Or Murchison.
Hoecht was a a pleasant surprise, but at his size he should be a hands on the ground player. There is your right end.
At left end you can pick from Copleand, Williams, EBrown IV, or Thomas.
We'd have holes to fill at the OLB spots, but we have that currently anyway. Roseboom, Hummel, Howard?

McVay seems a fan of the Fangio, so I'm sure I'm off base here, but the Fangio has lost much of its luster with so many teams playing it and offenses seemingly having figured it out. (Short passing) If there is one thing to say about McVay, he does like mixing things up.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Salary cap impact of releasing Bobby Wagner…

Rams43110February 24, 2023 05:11AM

There’s more going on here for Rams beyond salary cap savings…

Rams43150February 24, 2023 05:27AM

Could it be a move to the 4-3?

303077February 24, 2023 06:12AM

Honestly, I think EVERYTHING could be on the table this offseason…

Rams4357February 24, 2023 06:22AM