Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Some Ram OL thoughts by Oldnotdead…

February 24, 2023 06:09AM
SoCalRAMatic
We know nothing about any injuries. How is Boom's rehab on the Achilles doing? Is he walking? Running? Lifting? How is Jackson's
Blood clots? Will blood thinners enable him to play regularly. How is Bruss? He had a major injury after showing nothing, but was supposed to be the steal of his draft. How is Allen's knee? When he's been healthy he's brought us to two SBs. Can it be fixed? Was it?
Edwards. Nearly forgotten man, but when he played LG we got to and won a SB. How are his concussions? Would he want to come back? Would he be expensive? Ancrum? We've heard all kinds of raves for this dude, but he got hurt in like the first play. What's his status? Could be anywhere from starting RG to off the team. If everyone comes back healthy we would look good. Left to right it would by Boom, Edwards, Allen, Jackson and Havs. Second string...Nseche, Ancrum, Coleman, Bruss, Brewer. I don't think we carry more than 10, so Acuri and Thomas? Dunno. Probably Edwards calls it quits. Good chance Coleman takes Allen's spot at center. Skura could return to backup. Lots of names, and few answers.
I thought Shelton played really well the second half. Nseche actually played really well at LT.
Jackson played well everywhere. Havs was solid. The cupboard isn't completely bare, but we need to know the health and interest in a lot of OL. Where are the rehab stories? I want to read that Bruss is back twice as strong and ready to take the RG spot for the next decade.
I want to hear that Jackson's perfectly healthy and ready to start at LG. I wanna hear that Noteboom will be ready and better than ever to take over left tackle for years to come. I have to hear that Allen's knee is fixed and won't need draining after and before every game. I don't know that it was bad technique. The Bills destroyed our guys. They ran around over and through them. It was ugly and we never recovered. Carberry was a great college coach. Hard to believe it was all his fault.

A lot to unpack there, SoCal, but I understand your curiosity and concerns.

FWIW, here’s my general take:

Boom is probably more than 50-50 to be ready by opening day, however he might not be starter because Jackson kinda beat him out. Also, Rams might sign a FA or draft a LOT high in which case Jackson moves to LG. IOW, don’t waste your time worrying about Boom in February.

Jackson’s clots shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve read where doctors treat these successfully all the time.

Edwards is a goner. Aside from the concussions he just wasn’t good enough.

Allen needs to be replaced as starter at OC. Period. Can’t be counted upon. They might keep him as backup because of his contract for just this one year. New starter at OC will be either Shelton or is not yet on the team and will come probably in draft.

I do agree that Nsekhe would be a smart signing for backup LOT.

Bruss is an enigma. The good news is that his rehab is going well and he will be ready for camp. The bad news is that Rams May have grossly over drafted him. Hopefully, the new OL coaches can salvage him but I’m not terribly optimistic.

Anchrum is in the final year of his rookie contract and who knows whether he can be a quality starter at RG? New OL coach is gonna have to figure out that likelihood before FA and draft have come and gone.

One way or another we are gonna see at least 2 new faces as OL starters come opening day, maybe 3. But it is just barely possible that all 3 are already on the roster.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some Ram OL thoughts by Oldnotdead…

Rams43274February 23, 2023 04:31PM

BerendsenRam197February 23, 2023 07:05PM

David Deacon99February 24, 2023 03:26AM

LMU9369February 24, 2023 04:25AM

SoCalRAMatic58February 24, 2023 05:43AM