Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The charity Lambornghini - another QB story

February 09, 2023 09:19PM
Several years ago, another NFL quarterback wanted a brand-new, black Lamborghini.

He was involved with a charity that rewarded celebrities for their presence and draw, not an uncommon thing - it sweetens the pot - and so he aranged to donate the purchase price of the exact car he wanted to the charity.

He was featured at their banquet - introduced all around, shook a lot of hands, was told how wonderful he was, made his presence known. And for all he did for the organization, he was awarded with (drumroll..................) a brend new, black Lamborghini - just what he always wanted. More applause, fawning.

So: he had to declare the car as a gift for tax purposes, but offset the gift with a deduction for his donation to the charity. He had to fork out the dough for the car, but was able to take it off his taxes. I can't do that - because I simply wouldn't. It takes a certain mindset, I guess.

Not much later, he went out and got drunk and wrecked it. None of this is on his resume' I don't suppose; like his similar bad press it's been minimized, revised to the point of swooning, or swept under the rug, but I followed the story when it made a scroll down item in the news feeds.

The player who did this recently retired.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mr Wonderful Russell Wilson

Ramstien367February 09, 2023 10:39AM

I guess that $245 million contract he just signed..

sstrams125February 09, 2023 10:46AM

Well....I hope the NFL stays out of it.

Ramgator111February 09, 2023 11:54AM

Legally, only a tiny percentage has to go to actual charity work

RockRam112February 09, 2023 01:53PM

Charities have expenses - big expenses - is this legit?

mtramfan124February 09, 2023 08:59PM

The charity Lambornghini - another QB story

mtramfan47February 09, 2023 09:19PM