Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Charities have expenses - big expenses - is this legit?

February 09, 2023 08:59PM
I haven't run a charity, but have worked on the fringes of some non-profit conservation groups. The analogy holds.

The amount of money it takes, say, to put on a banquet - rent the room, cater the food, pay full-time staff for marketing (another expense) and donation solitication and procurement, etc. usually exceeds the net at the end of the day. The gross is the high figure, then expenses, then the net.

Wilson while in Seattle did a lot of pro bono volunteer work for children's hospitals, etc. He obviously is both a figurehead and likely has organizational responsibilities with his charity. I'm just guessing here. But to scam his own charity saems way, way, out of cxharacter. This happens to be "Dump on Wilson" season - poor performance with new team, in the target area already for his faith and trophy wife (you're supposed to marry modestly-dressed and homely women - right?) and makiong too much money.

I live in what the NFL has determined as Seattle's viewing area - and for 30-odd years have been forced to watch the Seahawks. (Western Montana - right.)

I followed the players I liked - Wilson among them. Fine man, by alla ccounts - and you can't fake it or play coverup for an entire career. This robbing the collection plate accusation doedsn't seem right, doesn't sit well with me.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mr Wonderful Russell Wilson

Ramstien367February 09, 2023 10:39AM

I guess that $245 million contract he just signed..

sstrams125February 09, 2023 10:46AM

Well....I hope the NFL stays out of it.

Ramgator111February 09, 2023 11:54AM

Legally, only a tiny percentage has to go to actual charity work

RockRam112February 09, 2023 01:53PM

Charities have expenses - big expenses - is this legit?

mtramfan123February 09, 2023 08:59PM

The charity Lambornghini - another QB story

mtramfan47February 09, 2023 09:19PM