Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Waiting on Morris is shortening the list for Rams potential DC

February 05, 2023 01:08PM
Personally, I'm fine if Morris returns and find if he doesn't, provided the Rams don't go hire some college guy as the DC. We did win a super bowl with him as a DC and if the Rams' offense was able to score more points last season, I think the D may have looked better than they did. The numbers show the defense wasn't bad statistically speaking. I'd like to see Morris tighten up the coverages a bit if he sticks around. .

That said, I think the Rams need to tell Morris to Sh*% or get off of the pot.
With Evero signing elsewhere, options are thinning as it sure looks like Fangio is committed to the Fins.

Shawn Payton is certainly going to have some pull to get any of the experienced DC candidates left on the market headed to Denver.

Guys from other teams left on the maket:
- Jerod Mayo (New England): Up and coming but is HE the driving force on the coaching staff? He's currently a Co-Defensive Coordinator so not sure just making him a DC would get it done.
- Jonathon Gannon (Philly): Who wouldn't look good with that defensive line?
- Brian Flores (Pittsburgh): Proven DC, failed as HC and has a lawsuit against the NFL. Maybe too much baggage for a young guy like McVay to want to deal with.

I'm thinking that the Rams' fallback (and likely the best option should Morris move on) is to go ahead and promote Eric Henderson (current DL/D Run Game Coordinator) from within. Players seem to love "Henny" about as much as they love Morris. Henderson will be familiar with the players on the roster and the current scheme. This would make for an easy transition and honetly, Henderson, may get snatched up by another team PDQ if the Rams don't promote him in some manner.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Waiting on Morris is shortening the list for Rams potential DC

PSJRam163February 05, 2023 01:08PM

I'm afraid unfortunately Morris will be back

Ram4life123February 05, 2023 02:01PM

Re: I'm afraid unfortunately Morris will be back

Ram_Ruler119February 05, 2023 02:08PM

Ram4life155February 05, 2023 02:10PM

PSJRam80February 05, 2023 02:11PM