Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Was Bosa "exposed" by the Eagles?

February 03, 2023 07:53AM
Ramsdude
He looked like a different player against the Eagles. They did a good job of making him "think" instead of just pinning his ears back and going full force ahead.

Making him "think" really slowed him down. He looked indecisive and unsure. The same thing with Warner. H#ll, one play he didn't even move all!!!

I think that whiner D is great when they can "dictate" to you and not as good when they have to "react".

I know it was against the RPO but the whiners have played other RPO teams and I don't recall ever seeing Warner just stand in one spot and watch the whole play without even moving a muscle.

It was a great thing to see! beer cheer smiley

I think that Bosa played as well as he could given the circumstances. If I'm not mistaken, he nearly recorded a safety when he sacked Hurts early in the game when the Eagles were backed up on their own goal line. I think that this was after he avoided catastrophe when he got rolled up on on the sidelines.

With that said...

You're right.

Most defenses are gonna have problems with: A) mobile QB's; and, B ) mobile QB's that run a lot of RPO.

I've watched a couple of Whiner/Cardinal match-ups over the past couple of seasons and Kyler Murray gives them fits (although he doesn't run nearly as many RPO's as the Eagles). We've had success against Murray running RPO because the Cardinals have yet to figure out a way to block AD in the middle. Considering the way Hurts has been playing, I think that the discipline the Whiners showed was justified.

Though the Rams obviously don't run any RPO's with Stafford, they have the ability to make the 9'er defenders pause as well. In the past, they've successfully done this by running a lot of jet-sweeps and misdirection where anyone from Higbee to Powell can take a handoff. A boot here and there helps as well.

But if you're gonna just sit back in empty sets all day (or even in key situations)...the Whiner defense is gonna be a problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2023 08:07AM by ramBRO.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Nick Bosa patiently awaits new contract that could re-set non-QB market…

Rams43267February 03, 2023 07:01AM

Niners have some really key free agents and contracts

Ram_Ruler199February 03, 2023 07:08AM

Re: Niners have some really key free agents and contracts

george_allen102February 03, 2023 04:55PM

Killrazor157February 04, 2023 12:23AM

Ram_Ruler45February 04, 2023 04:04AM

21Dog115February 04, 2023 04:40AM