Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Cowboys interviewed Rams' Thomas Brown for OC job_ I'd be shocked

February 01, 2023 09:46AM
BumRap
Teams just checking boxes and Brown gets to be named as someone they interviewed. It is really hard to take this seriously. What happened to Leftwich. I imagine he would be a better fit for Cowboys job and yet I barely hear any news on him since losing the Jville gig.
The Rams did not even promote him to OC, Sean certainly is not inclined to promote from within and his offense lacks a dominate ground game. I doubt he will be seen as that attractive of a hire. We had a losing season and a poor offensive showing.

In the Comments section of one of Jourdan Rodrigue's latest articles, a poster posited a thought that there were only a couple of assistants that McVay really had trust in to do their job...Brown and Yarber. The thought went on that, concerned that one of his proteges might poach Brown for their own team, McVay placed the Asst. HC tag on him along with the TE job. If true, this would be shrewd on the part of McVay and likely helpful for Brown (especially at his age) as he can continue to get experience across the offensive spectrum for a potential OC position (likely under McVay...but just not now).

And again, at Brown's age, I don't see a problem with him interviewing for HC or OC - even though I agree they are likely shams. I'm sure that he's well-aware of "the situation" and may be using this as his own information-gathering.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cowboys interviewed Rams' Thomas Brown for OC job

BerendsenRam204February 01, 2023 08:17AM

BumRap124February 01, 2023 08:26AM

BerendsenRam159February 01, 2023 09:23AM

Leoram89February 01, 2023 09:40AM

ramBRO162February 01, 2023 09:46AM