Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vic Fangio to Dolphins isn’t official until it’s official

January 31, 2023 06:05PM
[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com] Vic Fangio to Dolphins isn’t official until it’s official
Posted by Mike Florio on January 30, 2023, 4:10 PM EST

DENVER BRONCOS VS KANSAS CITY CHIEFS, NFL
Getty Images
In the red corner, a flurry of reports that Vic Fangio will become the next defensive coordinator of the Dolphins. In the blue corner, Fangio himself has repeatedly said it’s not a done deal yet.

While it’s entirely possible that Fangio will sign the contract and become the next defensive coordinator of the Dolphins, no deal is done until it’s done. We learned this (or at least we should have) five years ago, when Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels was supposed to become the next head coach of the Colts — until he didn’t.

On Sunday, Fangio told both Mike Klis of 9News.com and Mike Silver of the San Francisco Chronicle that the deal isn’t done.

Silver posted earlier today that Fangio said, last Sunday night, “Nothing has been decided on my end.”

Silver also pointed out that “there is a huge amount of mutual respect between [49ers coach] Kyle Shanahan and Fangio.” Fangio served as 49ers defensive coordinator in the past, under Jim Harbaugh. And it looks as if the 49ers will have a vacancy at that position, soon.

Bottom line? This isn’t a battle between reporters who are pushing conflicting information from unnamed sources. Fangio himself is saying the deal isn’t done. It would be seventh-level stupid to ignore the words from his own mouth.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Vic Fangio to Dolphins isn’t official until it’s official

BerendsenRam159January 31, 2023 06:05PM

Report: Sean Payton, Broncos Negotiating With Ex-HC Vic Fangio

den-the-coach157February 01, 2023 03:47AM

Re: Report: Sean Payton, Broncos Negotiating With Ex-HC Vic Fangio

BerendsenRam34February 01, 2023 08:00AM

Payton & Fangio would be one heck of a combo

merlin125February 01, 2023 09:49AM

AFC West will be even tougher than this season

dodgerram68February 01, 2023 04:47AM

I wonder if the NFC East is fool's gold..

sstrams54February 01, 2023 05:11AM

Re: I wonder if the NFC East is fool's gold..

BerendsenRam42February 01, 2023 10:22AM

Re: AFC West will be even tougher than this season

BerendsenRam138February 01, 2023 10:07AM