Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jared Goff named to Pro Bowl games, replacing Jalen Hurts

January 31, 2023 08:20AM
I know he's not a Ram anymore but anyway...

Good for Jared! He deserved it. He had a great year! beer cheer smiley

link
Posted by Myles Simmons on January 31, 2023, 12:51 PM EST

The Lions finished their season on a high note by beating the Packers in Week 18.

Now they’ll have another player in this week’s Pro Bowl games as the club looks to continue building in 2023.

Quarterback Jared Goff will replace Eagles signal-caller Jalen Hurts for this week’s festivities in Las Vegas.

In his second season with Detroit, Goff completed 65.1 percent of his passes for 4,438 yards with 29 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 17 games. His passer rating was 99.3 — the best mark he’s had since the 2018 season, which coincidentally was also the last time he was named a Pro Bowler.

Goff also didn’t throw an interception after Week Nine, tossing 15 touchdowns on his 312 passing attempts in Detroit’s last nine games. He fumbled three times but lost only one of them in a solid display of protecting the football.

Though the Lions have the No. 6 pick in this year’s draft from the Rams, Goff’s play has made it unlikely that Detroit will target a quarterback with that early selection.

Goff joins receiver Amon-Ra St. Brown, center Frank Ragnow, and offensive tackle Penei Sewell as Detroit’s Pro Bowlers.

While the AFC quarterbacks have all been replaced by Trevor Lawrence, Derek Carr, and Tyler Huntley, the NFC is still slated to have Kirk Cousins and Geno Smith, who were both on the original roster.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude161January 31, 2023 08:20AM

Re: Jared Goff named to Pro Bowl games, replacing Jalen Hurts

BerendsenRam110January 31, 2023 08:24AM

Re: Jared Goff

leafnose164February 01, 2023 05:52AM