Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Should Rams have long-term or immediate plans with first pick?

January 19, 2023 10:40AM
Well that was a bit of a mess. Skips all over the place. The research was good about our early picks. Thing is, there's no reason at all to even think about the draft because we have a lot of in-house FA decisions to make and will need to restructure contracts to be able to keep key players. In the past, Snead has plugged most of the holes in FA before the draft do he can try to nail the best prospects. Also, he often moves up and down to hit his targets. Furthermore, he often throws multiple picks at a position. His record at the top of the draft is spotty, but he usually finds good talent at the back of the draft and afterwards with UFAs. The draft is exciting, but we need to think, we being our front office not the posters, about how to keep our best FAs and maybe sign a couple more to fill our holes. I would like to hear that Matt Gay has a new contract. I would feel a lot better if I knew that Gaines is re-signed. I'm really worried about our safeties. Scott and Rapp are FAs. Will Fuller be back? Is Lake or Yeast any good? Last season, we signed a retired player and he came in and was way better than our other safeties leading us through the playoffs and to a SB win. That's pretty incriminating for our safety depth. If a young Weddle is available at 36 I pick him. We have like one TE. Higbee plays every snap. We need four. That could be our top pick. Our LT sitch is a mess. Boom was supposed to be the guy, but stunk it up and then tore his Achilles. AJ played well there but then got blood clots. Will he be okay? We signed Nseche of the street and he was passable, but is like 38 years old. So, who is playing LT? Edwards stunk and then was concussed twice. He is a FA. Does he risk resuming his career? And if so, will he come back at LG? Allen had a good season when we won it all, but the guy is undersized and always hurt. Shelton was better there but we still need a stud center. We missed on Humphrey, but we could jump on a top guy at 36 this year. We let Corbett get away and drafted his replacement in Bruss, who got hurt in preseason. Will he be healthy? He didn't impress much in the fake games before the injury. Do we have a RG? No? Well, for sure we could get a strong RG at 36. I have read dozens of posts and articles screaming for an edge rusher and how we need one at 36, including this one. I was impressed with Hoecht at edge and Floyd came on strong.
Won't argue we need depth there but I like those two outside. And there's the whole running back scenario. Akers looked like a pro RB the last few games. We just drafted his backup. But, that's all we got. If a star power back is available at 36 do we ignore the opportunity? Not so sure. And then there's the most important position of all QB. Will Stafford come back healthy and will he be the player he was throughout the playoffs or not? Does Mayfield come back? Wolf and Perk were dismal. Need at least two healthy good QBs.
And last, but not least, is CB. Besides Ramsey we have an empty bag. Hill wasn't that great. Long was nowhere. Durant flashed in coverage but dived away from potential tackles and the kid from Georgia was slow and bad. Have no idea about Rochelle. We need several new CBS.
CB at 36? Strong maybe. We shouldn't look for a WR or ILB as we're good there, but the rest is wide open.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Should Rams have long-term or immediate plans with first pick?

BerendsenRam204January 19, 2023 08:38AM

Re: Should Rams have long-term or immediate plans with first pick?

SoCalRAMatic111January 19, 2023 10:40AM