Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: McVay needs to be all in.

January 15, 2023 11:23AM
kw13
Because let's be honest, aside from being overwhelmed, it sure felt like he had only 1 foot in the door this year. I'm sure that Campbell's soup money is good and keeping the hot wife happy is a whole nother ball game...

But to play this "maybe I will, maybe I won't" stuff at the end of the season only validated this opinion so does not help our confidence that he still has the drive needed.

And I give him credit for being the coach that was poached for more assistant coaches every year than any other in history...

But this dude better be all in this year. This one foot in, one foot out is a bad look for him and hurts our team. We still have some pieces and supposedly our window was 2-3 years, not 1.

Let's retool for one more year and if you're gonna leave, ideally bring in someone this year that we can transition too, and not be left hanging.

Also, while you're at it, a backup QB is important.

The coach poaching this should be the exclamation mark that McVay can’t ignore. His coaches aren’t getting poached due to McVay’s unstoppable offense or amazing defense now. They are getting poached because of his ability to connect to his players and get them to buy in. He has that skill in spades. That’s why he was hired. That’s why his first regular season as a head coach he won 44 to 10 against the Colts and then he never stopped winning.

Let’s ask the question this way. Let’s say McVay retired after this season and takes two years off and all 32 NFL love their head coaches. No head coaching jobs are open. Do we really think McVay is the “hot candidate” for offensive coordinator? Don’t get my wrong. He had a good run. But he’s been decoded. So, teams aren’t clueless going up against his offense.

But what other coaches can’t overcome is the willingness of Rams players to never stop playing under McVay.

If McVay loves the game and want to fight through this struggle, the smart thing is to stop over loading himself with responsibilities he doesn’t excel at: OC coordinator. Just commit to being the coach that is like no other getting players to buy all in.

This is easy.

We Not Me
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay needs to be all in.

kw13169January 15, 2023 11:14AM

Re: McVay needs to be all in.

Ekern55112January 15, 2023 11:23AM

Agreed kw13

Ramsdude68January 15, 2023 11:26AM

Exactly!

Ridgewood Ram44January 15, 2023 12:26PM

Re: Exactly!