Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow 5 whole games?

January 14, 2023 03:51AM
AlbaNY_Ram
Prior to coming to the Rams Morris had only been a DC in the NFL for 5 games - the first 5 games of the 2020 season. After that he was promoted to Interim Head Coach for the remainder of that season.

I don't know how anyone could have gotten a read on what Morris does as a DC in those 5 games, especially since it was in Atlanta and they were running the Tampa cover 2 scheme.

McVay hired Morris to run the Fangio scheme in LA even though Morris had never been on a team that used it. Morris had to first learn the defense and then try to run it: as such he only has two years experience with it. (As compared to Staley, who had 3 years experience with that defense before coming to the Rams ...)

Not having much experience as a DC and then to ask him to run a "specific" scheme too is asking a lot IMO. I guess he did pretty good considering his resume.

I think we would be better with a more experienced DC but if that's not possible I do think Morris will be better after having another year of experience as a DC.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Morris as DC.... Is what we have seen all that he does or knows??

Ramgator224January 13, 2023 04:35PM

Re: Morris as DC.... Is what we have seen all that he does or knows??

AlbaNY_Ram97January 13, 2023 04:48PM

Rams4382January 13, 2023 05:04PM

303085January 13, 2023 05:18PM

Wow 5 whole games?

Ramsdude57January 14, 2023 03:51AM

Well, he did a fine job last season

dodgerram38January 14, 2023 04:08AM