Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bobby Wagner after earning All-Pro nod: 'They said I was done'

January 13, 2023 09:25AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Bobby Wagner after earning All-Pro nod: 'They said I was done'

Cameron DaSilva
January 13, 2023 10:59 am PT
Bobby Wagner has been the model of consistency at linebacker, already putting together one of the best careers ever by a player at his position. He added to his Hall of Fame resume on Friday when he was named a second-team All-Pro, his ninth consecutive season earning All-Pro honors.

This was his first season with the Rams, which makes his performance in 2022 all the more impressive. Wagner finished with 140 tackles, six sacks, two interceptions and 10 tackles for a loss, doing it all in the middle of Los Angeles’ defense.

When the Rams signed him to a five-year, $50 million deal last offseason, there were some who questioned whether he was worth it, claiming he was past his prime and no longer a premier linebacker. Needless to say, he proved them wrong with an All-Pro season in 2022.

Now, he wants his respect.

They said I was done. I just want respect when you mention my name. [t.co]

— Bobby Wagner (@Bwagz) January 13, 2023

The Rams endured what was a really tough season, but Wagner was a major bright spot on defense. He showed everyone he can still play at a high level, even if he’s not necessarily as fast as he was early in his career.

His instincts and play recognition allow him to consistently make plays both against the run and pass.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bobby Wagner after earning All-Pro nod: 'They said I was done'

BerendsenRam104January 13, 2023 09:25AM