Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

To clarify a bit...

March 29, 2020 05:56AM
I was a huge Wrathchild fan in the mid 80's.. during the big hair days of metal.. I think I got their first LP as an import in '83 or '84.. Stakk Attakk.. great album.. kind of glam rock meets punk rock.. I think I liked them so much because I tend to like bands when I'm the only guy who listens to them.. I turned a LOT of people onto them and we all thought they were headed for superstardom, but alas, a 3 year legal battle over their name killed them.. the photo I posted and had signed actually was made AFTER the 3 year legal battle - it was their first LP back after being allowed to play under the name.. the legal battle was with a band in America using the same name - Wrathchild.. 3 year to decide Wrathchild in England would go under the name Wrathchild UK, he American band under the name Wrathchild America..

Coincidentally, in the 80's I also became friends with Shannon Larkin, the drummer from Wrathchild America who has now played drums for Godsmack for MANY years... Wrathchild America was on the same club circuit that Pantera and Lillian Axe and Sweet Savage and eventually Minx - the band I was with - was on.. so we all knew each other.. I don't ever bring Shannon Larkin up with my Wrathchild UK family.. that legal battle kept Wrathchild UK from being superstars..

Anyways, growing up, huge Beatles fan.. Beatles made me wanna become a musician at age 4 when I saw the movie Help.. Totally loved a bunch of other bands in the 60's such as Bloodrock out of Dallas, Sweet - just all the classic guitar driven bands of the 70's.. but, the 80's was MY decade.. loved every minute of it.. loved a lot of bands during that era.. Met a ton of band during that era, opened for tons of band sin that era.. that was the era I became very good friends with the guys in Pantera, who played this town all the time, as well as Shannon Larkin and a bunch of other guys who made it.. God bless Darrell and Vinnie in heaven - if they made it there .. I'm sure they did.. both wild, but both with hearts of gold..

90's like a few bands.. didn't dig the "depression" feel of all the music coming out then.. Much more like the party tunes of the 80's.. but that's just me..

2000's.. sigh.. with few exceptions music is dead, imo.. I blame it on the depression music of the 90's.. Eventually somebody will create a spark that makes it all take off again.. But it'll never be like it was in the 80's.. not with internet.. not with streaming, not with youtube, not with file sharing and piracy.. Nobody has to make an investment in the music anymore, so people bail out in a heartbeat for the next freebie coming down the line.. its sad.. its sad that I started this thread to explain what other music I liked, but took it to this level..

I guess that's why I'm so excited to get a poster signed by guys during an era that meant the world to me, by guys who meant the world to me.. A bygone era that I got to relive just a little bit yesterday...

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lets change the topic a second.. Attachments

sstrams296March 28, 2020 10:50AM

My favorite band from England is The Outfield.

Ramgator67March 28, 2020 03:00PM

Yeah, they had their moments..

sstrams52March 28, 2020 03:04PM

Tony Lewis is the singer. He still tours.....

Ramgator66March 28, 2020 03:13PM

mine is the Beatles nm

ferragamo7963March 28, 2020 03:44PM

pretty cool

IowaRam57March 28, 2020 05:25PM

About 3 months..?

sstrams50March 29, 2020 05:38AM

as a British Invasion era guy......

21Dog48March 29, 2020 04:32AM

I was under 10 when all these guys were starting...getting going...

roman1858March 29, 2020 04:46AM

To clarify a bit...

sstrams48March 29, 2020 05:56AM