Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

COOL

July 11, 2019 01:48PM
definitely want to go in as a Airman

that way you are pretty much guaranteed either being station on shore or a Aircraft Carrier

Seaman's get all the rest...............lol

I was Aviation Ordnance

but if your son can get in as a Aviation Electronics Technician , then he should be pretty much set, in and out of the Navy , it's a pretty high demand job

although I was in a life time ago under the Reagan administration and being stationed on the Eisenhower , meant we were station in the Mediterranean , but the three years I spent on the Eisenhower, seems the longest I ever really remember ever being out to sea for any given time , was maybe like 3 weeks , and once we were actually in the Mediterranean , a week or two at the most , we spent alot of time just going from port to port , Spain , France , Italy , Greece , etc

also

a lot of that time was also just spent in and around Norfolk and Newport News , obviously , it will depend on which ship and which coast he'll be on

my biggest complaint would be , you spend ALOT of time on the flight deck , that it's self isn't the complaint , but you get to breath in alot of JP5 which always made my eyes burn

Aviation Electronics / Communication would be pretty food fields to get into

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hey Iowa, you might like to know.... My oldest Son switched back to USN!

Ramgator186July 11, 2019 04:09AM

COOL

IowaRam126July 11, 2019 01:48PM

I will pass this info to my Son.

Ramgator86July 12, 2019 04:24AM

IYAOYAS

IowaRam78July 12, 2019 03:30PM

Not hijacking your thread... just, well, hijacking your thread...

JamesJM71July 12, 2019 06:23AM

2 years ago, when the Rams came here to play the Jags...

Ramgator104July 12, 2019 10:28AM