Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A whining, sniveling, agitated, rant....

July 13, 2018 03:11PM
My gas line sprung a leak..... propane. The tank is about 30' from my house. So.... what do you think the estimate was to NOT fix the leak but simply replace the line... which I thought the easiest solution? Remember - 30' of gas line? Take a wild A## guess... then prepare to be shocked.

$8,000. I told them to kiss my you know what. I did get a cheaper estimate - $7,800. The Mafia is cheaper than that, and probably more reliable.

Truth is, if I was still a young man... or even as an 'old' man.. I could most likely do the entire project for less than $500. And that includes LABOR.

So I called a new propane company to see what an entirely NEW hookup would run.... haven't got an official estimate yet but the lady assures me it's probably no more than $1,000.

So I have another surprise for you. My propane company is HUGE.. one of the biggest in the USA.. NOT just in Calif. They don't do repairs... yes, you heard that right. They sub-contract. Thus the $8,000 estimate.

Yes, I called them.... and I'm Italian, normal, (or relatively so), so some bad language was involved. They had a GREAT offer for me.... do all the work myself and they'll re-connect me for a mere $200.

Funny epilogue.. it's cold showers for me for the next (x) amount of days. Took one today... not as bad as I thought considering we're now well into the 100's. Never the less.... when the cold water hit me you probably heard me cursing... even those of you on the east coast. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A whining, sniveling, agitated, rant....

JamesJM132July 13, 2018 03:11PM

While I'm whining... how about some more?

JamesJM77July 13, 2018 04:09PM

Re: A whining, sniveling, agitated, rant....

IowaRam212July 13, 2018 04:54PM

I'm surprised the "do it yourself" option........

21Dog90July 13, 2018 05:13PM

Re: A whining, sniveling, agitated, rant....

Atlantic Ram113July 13, 2018 09:18PM

nothing worse than being on hold a long time

ferragamo7977July 14, 2018 09:02AM