Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone here live in a High Rise Apartment?

January 18, 2020 11:05AM
Like those I see in city skyline photos? What is that like? I ask because I can't even imagine it... and no, not saying it's bad, maybe it's great, I just don't know... it's too 'far out there' for me to try and understand.

I have lived in small one floor apartment buildings, (College)... but I don't think that compares?

I see in movies, TV, people going by a door attendant, thru a lobby to an elevator, rising into the sky, walking down a hallway and entering.... their HOME!!!!!! It's mystifying to me.

Also... I have never figured out New York City... where do the people live? And how do they get to work? And how long does it take to GET to work? I can't imagine it... just the walk out their door to the elevator, the ride down, thru the lobby and out the front door takes longer than it took me to get to work... and I have no idea how they get from the High Rise front door to their job site - I suppose the 'subway', maybe? I can't imagine they 'drive' but maybe?

At my age I could never 'learn' that lifestyle... but there is one type of 'lifestyle' I think would be semi-tolerable... I see it in movies... in places like NY City... where you own a store of some sort and live in an apartment ABOVE the store. I don't know how common that is, however... maybe that's very rare. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anyone here live in a High Rise Apartment?

JamesJM158January 18, 2020 11:05AM

Question #2... any one been to the 'Cavern Club'...

JamesJM82January 18, 2020 11:21AM

Used to think about that all the time as a kid

IowaRam99January 18, 2020 01:13PM

Speaking of groceries?

JamesJM81January 18, 2020 02:14PM

Here is why

waterfield84January 18, 2020 08:18PM