Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Excitement brought in by the trade...

August 17, 2017 03:28AM
for Watkins. It's understandable. It breeds hope.

However saying we may have as much talent as other teams...well...maybe we are getting way ahead of ourselves.

I was very happy with the Kupp draft pick...my favorite pick as I stated the day they drafted him. I do see a guy who could be a great late round pick up in PPR leagues.

I tend to see the Rams talent through the "eyes" of Fantasy Football.

Here is what the Fantasy world thinks.

As it relates to position players and prior to the Watkins trade, mock drafts put Gurley as a late round 2 selection. Robert Woods was a last round selection. That's it. Austin has pretty much fallen off the chart.

Post Sammy trade, Gurley has either moved up a couple spots or stayed put. Sammy Watkins has dropped from a late round 2 selection to a round 3 selection...sometimes round 4. Robert Woods is starting to fall off the board.

So...seeing it through the eyes of an unbiased point of view (Fantasy owners...non Rams fans), the Rams have a lot to prove. When all these unproven players show up, the Fantasy world will be a strong indicator of our success. Good Fantasy owners know who the last guy on the bench is.

Since I'm in a PPR, I may pick up Kupp in the final rounds of the draft or I may wait post draft to evaluate my team and drop my weakest player to get him. As of this moment, I will not draft Gurley based on pathetic performance by the OL to date. Let's see if they show up in any of the final preseason games.

So...maybe this isn't scientific, but we as fans tend to build our hope into our evaluation of the team. I hope we are better because I'm tired of being a loser organization. I look forward to the day when opposing team's fan say "The Rams sugg!", as opposed to hearing..."Your a Rams fan? Sorry man!"

I long for hate over pity.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2017 03:31AM by jemach.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Vinny Tweets

max906August 16, 2017 03:33PM

Don't know about the Baseball analogy: but Watkins changes things

RockRam358August 16, 2017 03:46PM

Re: Don't know about the Baseball analogy: but Watkins changes things

CraigMatson389August 16, 2017 04:02PM

Excitement brought in by the trade...

jemach261August 17, 2017 03:28AM

you left out the key element, Goff

max202August 17, 2017 05:45AM

And FF SB winners win off undervalued picks-nm