Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here's the issue with Goff.. I Still believe he was handicapped

Anonymous User
February 20, 2017 09:00AM
RockRam
Goff was NOT ready when he came out.

Hard to disagree with this when you watched him play in preseason let alone the regular season. I still believe under a competent coaching staff on a different team he likely would've started much sooner than week 11 and had a better season than the lost puppy regressing rookie we witnessed the last few games of 2016. I could be wrong, I'm not stubborn minded

He was the #1 pick because he was considered by some as the best of a so-so crop of QBs.

If he had posted numbers/stats similar to Carson Wentz, this comment wouldn't carry the same weight Rock...Can you guarantee he would've been just as bad under a different coaching staff or another team his rookie season?

As you know QB's get pushed up because of the value of their position.. I do remember a few NFL sites and media gurus saying he was close to or almost on par in their evaluation of talent level with Mariota and Winston coming out. Not the majority but a some did though they mentioned his slight frame and how the Bear Raid system could be a detriment to his rookie season. You did mention this in your post

NOBODY like that belongs on a Fisher team.

This is where I got bitten when he was the eventual choice. I gave JG too much credit believing he could rise above the Fisher offensive staff (coaching pedigree) and would wow us with his special talents by seasons end... Big misread on my part. Wentz was clearly the better fit and choice for Fisher and his coaching staff to select between the 2 players.

Lastly So the Herd board members don' think I'm a homer ignorant Goff apologist..... I'm a Rams fan first before any one single player and If JG doesn't take a huge step forward in the latter part of the 2017 season under the new coaching regime, I will be the first on board disqualifying my evaluation abilities for rookie quarterbacks and be chanting loud with the crowd to trade for or draft a new QB in 2018.

Although it was actually Weinke's 2nd year of experience as an NFL quarterback coach, this spoke loud and clear to many of us last year when it was posted..

[www.businessinsider.com]
Every quarterback has three important coaches that impact their play, the head coach, the offensive coordinator, and the quarterbacks coach. Check out the differences in their resumes, according to Chris Wesseling of Around the NFL:

confused smileyNo Way smiley

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's Jared Goff's time, for better or worse

RamBill589February 20, 2017 04:43AM

:Here's the issue with Goff

RockRam597February 20, 2017 05:31AM

Re: :Here's the issue with Goff

leafnose284February 20, 2017 05:54AM

Here's the issue with Goff.. I Still believe he was handicapped

Anonymous User314February 20, 2017 09:00AM

Re: Here's the issue with Goff.. I Still believe he was handicapped

stlramz265February 20, 2017 12:15PM