Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Under McVay, '17 is now a prove it year for several players...

January 17, 2017 09:10AM
I think it's fair to say that McVay can be considered a strong O mind with an excellent reputation for developing players, right?

Here are some vets that could be considered to be on the bubble before the first OTA. At least imo. I mean on the bubble in the sense of taking a firm grasp of their respective starting positions, NOT in the sense of being cut in '18, mind you.

Jared Goff. Yeah, he needs to make a statement this year.

Todd Gurley. Need to see that #10 pick of '15 player rather than the '16 pouty imposter.

GRob. Little explanation needed. Heck, he's not even a total lock to make the roster, much less a starter.

Tavon Austin. Perhaps McVay can better utilize him. I fear that we've already seen close to Tavon's ceiling, however.

Lance Kendricks. McVay loves TE's in his O. Can Kendricks step up? I think he'd better.

J Brown, Wichmann, Barnes, Donald, even Havenstein. Can these guys be even average OL players in '17 with better coaching and game scheming? I'm hoping, but I dunno.

Now, for a few starter wannabe's...

Spruce. Can he produce in a real game, AND can he stay healthy? He'd better do both.

Thomas. He best show up with flypaper hands starting with OTA's. Maybe a personal coach might help?

Cooper. Needs to do more than the occasional flash if he wants to see significant snaps. I've got a feeling that he might be one to benefit most from superior coaching.

Higbee. Another that needs to take a giant step forward if he wants to be a big part of this new O. Another that could really benefit under superior coaching.

The D situation is much better and with Phillips as DC, far fewer question marks. But still...

Here are a few that could either take the "right" or the "wrong" fork in the road in '17.

Quinn. Can he ever be anywhere close to the dominant player he once was? If not, regretfully, McVay and Wade may need to make other plans for '18.

Forrest. Does he have a future as a starter?

Gaines. Is he 100%? And if so, can he return to his '14 form.

Jordan. Can he become a starter on this D? Or will he remain a backup?

FA and the draft will give us strong clues as to the player evaluations made by the new staff.

Can't wait to see how this all unfolds.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Under McVay, '17 is now a prove it year for several players...

Rams43655January 17, 2017 09:10AM

Re: NO..

laram369January 17, 2017 09:26AM

Demoff better not hang McVay out to dry...

max314January 17, 2017 09:52AM

Re:They won't do that....

laram397January 17, 2017 09:59AM

Then it's worse than I feared...

max243January 17, 2017 11:46AM

I think that's a sort of leap in logic

LesBaker241January 17, 2017 01:26PM

Gurley, Austin, Robinson, Higbee

LMU93233January 17, 2017 10:19AM

Re: Yep, year one is tough on TEs

merlin250January 17, 2017 10:38AM

Re: Under McVay, '17 is now a prove it year for several players...

oldschoolramfan282January 17, 2017 10:26AM