Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A brick!

January 05, 2023 02:21AM
That is awesome '79.. and kicking a ball through a window.. you and me are like old war buddies..

When I was 6 or 7, we were playing soccer in the house and I kicked a goal: right through my brother's arms, right through our bedroom window.. In horror, we shut the blinds and curtains and said "they'll never know", which lasted about 2 hours because you could easily see the busted window from outside.. DOH!

My other window story: in our backyard we had these posts with clothes lines running between them.. the posts look a LOT like goalposts as they had a horizontal bar between them, maybe 6 feet wide.. So, I thought it was time to kick a field goal.. my brother holds the ball and I boot it with everything I have.. its over the bar, right down the middle! Its good!

..and kept going.. right through the workshop door's glass about 6 feet behind the "goalpost".. I was jumping up and down.. then sheer horror overcame me thinking about what my dad would do when he saw it..

Like the movie Christmas Story (after the fight) I waited for him to get home.. He started drinking, a bit, and I eventually went and told him what had happened.. I thought I was gonna get whipped for sure, but he says, "yesterday I saw a dollar in your room and I needed to borrow it (probably for booze) so we're even.."

Off the hook for a dollar! Which was big money for me, back then..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

For my brother's birthday....I finally told him

ferragamo7991January 04, 2023 05:13PM

A brick!

sstrams51January 05, 2023 02:21AM

All in all , it's just another brick on the car! AND....

Ramgator51January 05, 2023 05:17AM

Speaking of 1976 and 77...... You KISS fans.

Ramgator50January 05, 2023 05:20AM

Love the cover of Destroyer and Rock and Roll Over

ferragamo7947January 08, 2023 06:34AM

My Brother had all the cool LPs. As a kid, I loved looking at them.

Ramgator45January 08, 2023 08:52AM

One album that sorta spooked both of us... Skynyrd's Street Survivors.

Ramgator42January 08, 2023 08:56AM

That was painful......

sstrams53January 05, 2023 05:21AM