Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Been a few years since I flew overseas so I was surprised....

December 21, 2022 07:43AM
by the number of upgrades the airlines offer/demand. "oh, so you want a seat added to your ticket".

Since buying the ticket yesterday evening I've received at least 10 emails, all different, with various options I can add... for a fee. This would be American Airlines and British Airways... but I'm guessing they are all the same.

I paid extra when I first purchased the ticket to get 'seat selection'. After buying the ticket I almost instantly received an email from British Airways that 'seat selection' was not part of the deal for their portion of the flight... that was extra.

Steve... if memory serves it was YOU that's like me and on all flights in that I demand a window seat because I have my nose pushed up against the window pane for the duration of the flight. I never sleep and only turn from the window to eat.

I know exactly where I am, "Longitude and Latitude", every minute of any flight I'm on. I know which state/country I'm over at all times. I know which cities I'm passing over, which lakes except for Canada because Canada has more lakes than the Sahara desert has grains of sand.

I'm not the guy you want to be sitting next to on a flight... I can get giddy excited spotting an ocean liner or cargo ship's wake on the sea below. I spot every other jet we pass or accompany during the flight and I get very aggravated with my pilot if he isn't flying faster than the jet I'm tracking outside my window.

And while I'm rattling off at the mouth here... a question... I have never understood this. While in flight, on a passenger jet, you're going around 500mph... so why do clouds you are flying thru seem to be going by at 10mph? That makes no sense to me. You would think clouds would be a blur of white mist but NO.... they aren't.... they just look like clouds slowly passing by your window. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just made my granddaughter one happy young lady....

JamesJM172December 20, 2022 01:40PM

That's so cool....

sstrams52December 20, 2022 01:47PM

Re: Just made my granddaughter one happy young lady....

MamaRAMa114December 20, 2022 03:07PM

18, Mama... and she'll turn 19...

JamesJM57December 20, 2022 03:13PM

Re: 18, Mama... and she'll turn 19...

MamaRAMa101December 20, 2022 09:09PM

Yes... but...

JamesJM46December 20, 2022 09:23PM

Re: Yes... but...

MamaRAMa132December 20, 2022 09:25PM

Been a few years since I flew overseas so I was surprised....

JamesJM61December 21, 2022 07:43AM

Yes, we're window seats hogs...

sstrams42December 21, 2022 08:31AM

I couldn't agree with you more....

JamesJM35December 21, 2022 08:54AM

Something ain't right, that's for sure......

sstrams60December 21, 2022 09:11AM