Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yikes, another movie... 'Molly's Game'...

December 15, 2022 10:54PM
I liked it.

I read something one time... or maybe heard it, I can't remember... that in any film there must be at least one character that you like. I think almost every person who watches Molly's Game will like Molly. I did not, but I didn't hate her, at all.

I didn't like any of the characters in the movie. I did, however, like the movie. Go figure... I can't explain it.

During the movie I spent a lot of time trying to follow the intricacies of Poker... the card game. They are very detailed in the movie. I think I got most of it... some of it went right over my head. I can't figure out how people, especially Molly, could come to know so much about the game... and the people who play it at that high a level.... but in the end I was mostly left wondering -- - why?

My granddaughter loved the movie... haven't spoken to her about it yet... she suggested I watch it. I think I can guess why she liked it, however.... Molly. And I get that.

So hmmmm... if you like poker, (and I do), that alone makes it a good view, IMHO. More important, by far, is a woman who enters the world of 'men' and comes out on top... which is appealing to be sure. I'll leave it at that. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Yikes, another movie... 'Molly's Game'...

JamesJM82December 15, 2022 10:54PM

You're stacking the list of movies..

sstrams46December 16, 2022 06:04AM