Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The movie 'The Swimmers'....

November 29, 2022 04:32AM
A rousing two thumbs up from me. LOVED this movie. The acting was off the charts phenomenal.

My son-in-law is still recovering from surgery... only he and I were home so I asked him if he wanted to rent a 'loud' movie while we had the chance. laughing smiley We were searching when my daughter sent me a text asking if we had seen "The Swimmers" and that she loved it. I had never heard of it.... but reading about it I thought maybe my wife and granddaughter would enjoy it so my son-in-law and I decided to wait, have everyone come over and we'd watch "The Swimmers".

The bad - I did not think this next was 'bad', at all... in fact I felt it necessary... HOWEVER... I think many who watch it, (and I can understand why), will think some parts, several actually, are too long... unnecessarily lengthy.... and perhaps boring. I did not think that - I thought all the scenes were absolutely necessary to fully portray the hardships suffered... but that's me.

Lot of scenes depicting the playful relationship between two sisters... and IMHO some of the finest acting and movie making I've ever seen. For me watching it was about as 'feel good' as it can get.

So, as you know because I've said it many times... movies are subjective... so I am reticent to make recommendations for ANY movie.... all I can say is... this movie won me over big time. Will YOU like it? I have no idea.... I think you WILL appreciate it, if you watch it... but no idea if you'll take from it what I did... I think the 'pace' will turn some, perhaps many, of you off. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The movie 'The Swimmers'....

JamesJM107November 29, 2022 04:32AM

Interesting-we saw it last night

waterfield58November 29, 2022 07:23AM

During the scene you speak of....

JamesJM58November 29, 2022 07:41AM

Oh, forgot... about the sister and the sad credits....

JamesJM54November 29, 2022 07:45AM