Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We just saw them in Dallas

October 14, 2022 07:55AM
with REO Speedwagon.. Loverboy was supposed to open, but the singer got the 'rona, so they cancelled.. Probably the 7th-8th time I've seen Styx since The Grand Illusion tour when I saw them opening for Kiss.. They were a good band until they hired Tommy Shaw and they really took off..

Styx always does a great show.. They are a REALLY good live band and you probably know more of their tunes than you may realize.. This last show we had second row, center section - just excellent seats.. front row was a little too much for only moving up one row.. My wife bought them as a Christmas present, so not sure what she paid..

The time before that, here in town, we had orchestra pit seats, which are as close as you can get - they're literally standing over you when they come to the edge of the stage.. I got those and they were about $250 apiece, but you could literally slap one of them if you wanted to..

I really don't know what tickets are running, or how close you wanna be, but whatever you pay, I don't think you'll be disappointed.. their new keyboardist/singer is amazing, drummer is very well-known session guy, guitarists are killer (only original guys) bass player used to play for The Babys and a couple other big bands.. Production is good, but not overdone - not a huge production, but they make up for it with great musicianship and onstage energy..

I really don't listen to them anymore - haven't since the early 80's, but I'll still go see them every time I can cuz they do a great show..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Image error
File not found.
open image URL

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Curious, how much would you pay to see Styx?

roman18101October 14, 2022 07:01AM

We just saw them in Dallas

sstrams80October 14, 2022 07:55AM

Hmmmm....

roman18116October 14, 2022 08:36AM

Those prices are great..

sstrams103October 14, 2022 08:50AM

The info is only Styx coming to Greensboro....

roman1864October 14, 2022 09:28AM

When we saw them here.....

sstrams90October 14, 2022 09:36AM

Badda Boom....I just got the tics....

roman1860October 14, 2022 09:51AM