Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Probably not just you....

October 09, 2022 07:04PM
I would think that's the marquee matchup. Mind a tangent?

I just watched, a couple nights ago, that special on "some" online movie thingie (I'm terrible about knowing which), called... I think, "Nolan".. yes, Nolan Ryan.

WOW... I mean, everyone old enough to have watched baseball during his pitching years knows how great he was BUT... that special still made my jaw drop. That guy was GOOD!!!!!

Lot of things I didn't know were told in that special... like Koufax was his inspiration! Well, that certainly makes sense. laughing smiley

To repeat myself.. because I've said this several times on this board... I was 'once' a huge baseball fan... then the back to back strikes..... what was it? 50 of them in 5 years? Ok, I exaggerate, but it killed baseball for me... and I say that 'without' taking sides... don't care who was at fault, actually.. baseball died for me... and that was STUPID. I should have toughed it out.

I did, even after losing my love for baseball, follow the WS but that was about it... then about, Oh geez I don't know... several years ago now, I got back into it... not like I once was but definitely a fan again. Don't have a 'favorite' team these days... but most fondly I remember the Garvey, Lopes, et all Dodger days. Earlier i remember so well Mays/McCovey..... Even before - Mantle... and I LOVED Clemente, maybe my favorite all time player.

my personal great baseball memory was the '75 WS... Red Sox vs Cinn. The drama in that series was heart stopping. laughing smiley

So ok... just rambling. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

World Series this year

waterfield161October 09, 2022 05:46PM

Re: World Series this year

MamaRAMa89October 09, 2022 07:02PM

Probably not just you....

JamesJM90October 09, 2022 07:04PM

YOU JUST WAIT!!!!! My Cubs????

Ramgator131October 14, 2022 03:33AM