September 29, 2022 03:50AM
post stuff like that and nobody batted an eye, cuz everyone understood what you meant and that there was no real intention of doing anything bad or inciting violence.. and then, all of a sudden, facebook's policies changed, almost overnight, and half the people started getting ban after ban for totally innocent stuff that was intentionally taken out of context by facebook, with the sole intention of blocking specific people.. My post had the word "knife" and "slice" in it and that was enough to get me a 7 day ban.. The post I replied to had the EXACT same "advise" if you happen to run into a bear: shove your friend to the ground, assume your friendship had run its course, and run away.. Both my post and the initial post I replied to say the same thing: sacrifice a friend to save your own butt.. Mine got a 7 day ban for inciting violence, the initial post, which incites JUST AS MUCH violence, is still online..

They never actually looked at the context of my post, which was innocent.. Same with the Tom Brady comment I made that got me a 3 day ban for, again, inciting violence.. I CLEARLY was talking about beating Brady in a football game, if he came out of retirement, but they saw the trigger words "kick your ass" and immediately threw a 3 day ban at me, never once looking at the actual intent of my post..

THEN, as if that wasn't bad enough, facebook started digging through people's past posts from 10-15 years ago, searching for posts they could ban the same people for.. I've had friends get banned for "sharing" posts already on facebook who's authors did not get banned, but the guy who shared it sure did..

Last I heard (a few days ago) facebook is now monitoring private messages between members looking for dirt to ban the same people even more, or to even prosecute them..

..and that might be fine if someone is legitimately threatening violence or harm to other people, but this "find ANYTHING you can ban them for and then BAN THEM immediately with no recourse" mentality is WAY overboard and completely trampling First Amendment rights.. I SHOULD be able to tell my joke - and I've posted that joke before on facebook several times - without repercussion because there's NOTHING in it for anyone to get their panties in a wad over.. Its a totally innocent joke that they did everything in their power to use against me, which is, unfortunately the future of social media, imo.. Every word will be scrutinized and if there's ANY chance of putting those words together in a manner that fits their narrative, they automatically become judge, jury, and executioner and they give you ZERO opportunity to defend yourself..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

...And.. here comes another Facebook ban..

sstrams172September 28, 2022 03:33AM

Its a 7 day ban...

sstrams140September 28, 2022 04:35AM

It ALLLLLLLL starts with this! The NEXT thing you know.....

Ramgator79September 28, 2022 10:12AM

Somebody needs to stop me!

sstrams103September 28, 2022 10:24AM

This past Spring, I got 72 hours because.....

Ramgator57September 29, 2022 03:07AM

You used to could (I'm from the south)

sstrams65September 29, 2022 03:50AM

We have known that for years......

Arkansas Ram68September 29, 2022 03:49AM