Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Going to wax nostalgic here...

September 26, 2022 02:19PM
As you have no doubt heard me post here about 10,000 times - I really can't say 'for sure' which year I started rooting for the Rams. When I try to nail it down I can't remember if something I remember is what I saw OR perhaps something I read.... because when I did become a Ram fan, (never was a fan of another team), I read everything about them I could get my hands on..including the Cleveland days. So I'll say '58, but could have been '57.

It was all 'black and white' in those days... TV I mean. I knew they wore Blue and Gold because of the pics I'd seen in magazines. laughing smiley

A source of infinite pride for me - Gehrke's Horns debuted in the year I was born. HAD to be me that inspired him.

I CAN adapt, well, grudgingly anyway. When the Rams went to Blue & White I was not keen on the idea... but today I remember the old Blue & Whites more fondly than any other color combo.

My first Ram's game on TV.... by '58, maybe '57, our old motorola TV tube was on it's last legs. BUT... the TV was in a console.... so I would shut the covering door leaving open only about 6 inches... this to block out all outside light so I could see the screen better. It was a few years or so that that is how I watched all the Rams games.... scrunched up with my face squeezed into the 6" gap. That could have been why my parents came to the conclusion that I wasn't quite right. laughing smiley

I remember many of the names from '58... most of all Lundy, Pardee, and Richter... yeah, I was a defensive guy then and remain so today. Oddest name I remember is Paige Cothren... our kicker... and I remember him for reasons I cannot begin to fathom. laughing smiley I don't think he was with the rams long. I think maybe I thought had a funny name.

In the 50's it was Western TV shows and the Rams for me. laughing smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

For Tony.......

ferragamo79202September 22, 2022 06:04PM

Thank you !!

waterfield62September 26, 2022 10:26AM

I might not

waterfield218September 26, 2022 10:32AM

i seen someone wear one last week vs ATL....

JoeMad162September 26, 2022 01:22PM

Going to wax nostalgic here...

JamesJM167September 26, 2022 02:19PM