Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what treatment for vascular migraines

September 02, 2022 12:47PM
glad to hear she has been diagnosed with nothing grave.... but this still needs to be treated.

vascular migraines are not fun, until you find the right Rx to treat it and ID the triggers of the headaches.....

[headaches.org]

The calcium channel blockers are a group of medications that have been used for treating a variety of cardiovascular disorders such as high blood pressure. These medications alter the movement of calcium ions into muscle cells of blood vessels. This effect can sometimes prevent blood vessel changes, which are involved in migraine and cluster headache.

Calcium channel blockers have not been approved by the F.D.A. for prevention of migraine, but some research studies with verapamil have shown it to be effective in prevention of migraine and cluster headache.

Verapamil is the most widely studied calcium channel blocker and in general is the drug of first choice within this group of medicines. Unlike beta blockers, calcium channel blockers may be used in patients with asthma and other respiratory diseases. Some researchers have suggested that calcium channel blockers may be more effective than beta blockers in migraine with aura (classical migraine) and in complicated migraine. Verapamil is also helpful in treating cluster headache cycles, sometime requiring very high daily doses.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Prayers for my ex Wife.

Ramgator194August 28, 2022 05:00AM

Re: Prayers for my ex Wife.

waterfield63August 28, 2022 08:17AM

Thank you.

Ramgator62August 28, 2022 10:07AM

Prayers answered.

Ramgator88August 29, 2022 01:59PM

That's good news, man..

sstrams55August 29, 2022 02:02PM

Yeah. I had been worried.

Ramgator56August 29, 2022 02:10PM

Totally understand..

sstrams51August 29, 2022 02:18PM

what treatment for vascular migraines

JoeMad118September 02, 2022 12:47PM

Yeah. She has some follow up appointments looming.

Ramgator61September 02, 2022 03:09PM