Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speaking of Facebook.... SST, the area where I have found the dead cats in recent months...

August 08, 2022 09:32AM
Two week ago, I was doing my walk and saw four very small orange kittens and their Mom running along the ditch RIGHT by the very busy street I walk down, When I got close, I stomped my feet, clapped really loud and made a hissing noise to scare the hell out of them and get them away from the street. The previous two weeks, I have walked by there 9-10 times and have not seen them. Every time I drive by there, I'd look but did not see them. This morning, I saw 2 of the kittens. They were down in the large ditch that runs to the river by the bridge where they hang out. I scared them back again. I was bothered to leave them. That's a really bad road for animals. I got home and called animal control. They are so slammed, they are taking in only injured animals. Here's where Facebook came to the rescue. The old neighborhood I grew up in has it's own page and I KNOW there are DOZENS of animal lovers always posting on there. I posted my situation and withing 45 minutes, a lady was at the site where the cats hang out. She contacted the two neighboring houses, the lady who lives behind the ditch was thrilled that someone could help. This lady almost makes a hobby of finding strays, getting them fixed and finds homes for them. She has multiple cat traps. She's supposed to be back over there this afternoon. Thank God for such people. Every time I walk that way, I pray not to see lumps in the street as I cross the bridge. This will really prevent that. This is where Facebook CAN be great tool.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Speaking of Facebook.... SST, the area where I have found the dead cats in recent months...

Ramgator83August 08, 2022 09:32AM

That's great, man..

sstrams45August 08, 2022 09:48AM

We're still trying to adopt out our 3 fostered kittens...

JamesJM46August 08, 2022 09:55AM