Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Death of 80s Rock might have been self inflicted?? Did you see the VH1 Special...

July 26, 2022 08:25AM
Had to be 21-22 years ago, called 'What Happened To Rock" or something like it. Had several interviews with the likes of Don Dokken, Lita Ford and a few others. I recall Don Dokken saying that he thought....in Hind Sight....that Rock became too cliche. He pointed out that so many bands had the same look, same spandex, same sound. He said that their Manager suggested trying to go in a different direction. Dokken said, at the time, they were like.... NO WAY, MAN!!! They were where the fame and girls were. Wasn't gonna happen. Dokken then shrugged and said. Well, here we are. I'm not musically talented, AT ALL, to be too much of a critic but I sorta agree. TO ME, so many of the bands sounded and looked so much the same. I too wanted to see something different......But certainly NOT what transpired. Personally, I think Music, COLLECTIVELY did not jump off a cliff but drove a Dragster in full speed off a cliff around..... 1989-90. I mean Rock, Pop and R &B. Just MY opinion but mainstream Rock is all but gone. Pop is nothing but Teeny Bop studio produced Dance CRAP. R&B / Rap....98% of those songs have the SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME beat (NOTHING but a Bass sound with drum / cymbal sound and TALKED lyrics with studio created "Music"winking smiley I miss the TALENT / harmonies of Raydio / Cool & The Gang

And GOOD LORD!!! Do NOT get me started on what "Country" Music has become!! (PUUUUKE!!!!)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

SST... Cranking Sweet's "Fox On The Run" on Chromecast.

Ramgator176July 25, 2022 11:52AM

That's all I listen to..

sstrams82July 25, 2022 12:02PM

Exactly the same with me.

Ramgator133July 25, 2022 04:38PM

I like very little 90's stuff..

sstrams148July 26, 2022 04:24AM

Death of 80s Rock might have been self inflicted?? Did you see the VH1 Special...

Ramgator96July 26, 2022 08:25AM

Yeah there was a typical pattern all bands followed..

sstrams109July 26, 2022 08:40AM